View Single Post
secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 05-19-2008, 04:28 AM

All banners and dividers provided by Assassin_666 ^^

Ever been the last person to post on a page with no response? Feel like you killed the thread? We welcome you here then!

Where is here, you ask? It's the official Home for the Thread Killers of Menewsha!

Here, we can support each other through those hard times here on Menewsha when there is no one around to post in other threads.

thread killer: [noun]
1. someone who repeatedly kills/is the last poster in threads before they are considered inactive and any post after inactiveness is considered necro-posting

Origins of Home for the Thread Killers

The first thread for the Home of the Thread Killers was created during the 2008 Phoenix Jubilee with inspiration coming from the fact that some people (Dae included) noticed that threads frequently get killed during events. Thus, the overall concept for a "home for thread killers" was created and put into a thread form. The results of the thread were overwhelming and unexpected (people were assured that they were going to kill the thread). The thread reached page 116, had 1,733 posts and was viewed 6,402 times.

Once the original thread was created, people decided that they wanted a permanent residence here on Menewsha. Thus, Dae worked to make this thread a reality!

--- Seacows are the official mascot rulers of the thread.

SPOILERX

Dae made the thread Yumeh-fied for April Fools!

Thulhu was the last poster in the 2010 Valentine's Day thread!

Our event thread for the winter just finished and Assassin_666 is the winner of last poster! <3

Dae is thinking of maybe adding another contest here! The current idea running through my head is a thread killing contest! I mean, we are thread killers, no? Why not have a contest to see who can kill the most threads here on Menewsha! Once I get out all the kinks in the contest, I'll post more information in the contest post!

Dae is going on a mini-hiatus. She doesn't know when but she will be back. Dae leaves Monstahh' and all the other regulars in charge [really, it means just welcoming people maybe inviting new people].
<3 Dae

[clipped]
^I honestly have no clue as to why I'm doing this but I'm doing it in hopes that someone will either be a) upset and tell me why or b) be happy and tell me why.

***There is going to be an event thread for Halloween! As well, a mini-contest is under consideration in the works!. Dae's current ideas:
- A mini~Halloween~story contest [maybe with some Halloween-ish words that must be used in the entry]
- Halloween poetry [?]
- mini~Halloween~pixel contest [with some stipulations that would be determined at a later point in time]
- Avatar costume contest [very maybe-ish because I don't want people to have to buy stuff or anything]

:yumeh: If you have any other ideas for a contest, post them in the thread!

Also, if you'd like to make banners for the thread, feel free to do so! Dae is incompetent when it comes to graphics!

Last edited by secretdae007; 02-22-2019 at 07:34 PM..