Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 04-19-2014, 07:58 AM

Maria-Minamino

March 31, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Everyone knows Maria's sweet and lovely...right? She's totally not really some evil queen, or is she...maybe she's fooled us all all along! Here she is, deep in the darkest dungeon of her hidden lair; walls running with the blood of innocents, flames of fell magic burning on the altars of her cruel gods...

But look to the floor, are those cracks splitting the blood-soaked rocks upon which she stands? Is the place about the tear itself apart and pitch her into the black abyss? Black like her eyes, Black like her uncaring soul?

For those who've seen cheesy 80s films. Maria puts me very much in mind of queen Gedren from Red Sonja. What an evil hag she was!

Though of course she turned out to be a man...

May 2, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa View Post
Is she a tree? A woodland nymph? Or something more devious? It's definitely those eyes and that smile that does it! A face combination I'd never want to see in real life. My favorite aspect of this avatar is the effect the potted plants give. They make it look as if she's ankle-deep in grass; how cool! If not for her eerie self, I'd say the rest of the forest scene looks serene. But I guess someone has to be keeping it that way, right?

Congrats Mar! It's also your second win so 2000 for you~

July 7, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Ferra clearly started a trend on Friday, because here's Maria with an epic Tony Stark cosplay! I squealed in delight when I saw this, and my search for today's pick was ended, right there.

Isn't it great how one little item can be all it takes to bring an avatar together; give it that little nudge that it needs to make it perfect. Isn't it also true how what can seem an insignificant addition to a CI can often be that pivotal piece, too. ;D

I love how the spaceship window works so well in a big city setting. If we stay here once the press conference is finished, do you think we'll see Tony flying by outside?

Congratulations on your 3rd win, Maria! 3000 for you this time!

September 11, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
Look at how perfect this avatar is! Just look at it!

So many shadows and so many layers - I don't even know how Maria managed to create such a textured look. There's some real depth here, which is especially impressive since she's only using two colors!

Congratulations, you deserved this win.

October 27, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
I don't have time to do my customary long rambling writeup, but please help me congratulate Maria-Minamino: for today's pick for this gorgeous avatar.

Deep and beautiful - clever use of the ombre hair to help the feeling that she is part of the nebula. Awesome avatar, Maria!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 01-31-2016 at 02:13 PM..