View Single Post
salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Old 11-15-2014, 03:06 AM

~*Coding a Website*~

Today I made my first website! It was super simple and only took an hour to make. Well, that was probably because someone taught me how to make it. ^_^ It was a free class that I almost considered not attending today after rolling out of bed, taking a shower, and realizing I was super late for public transportation. But, I decided to hurry out the door on the spur of the moment, and I am super happy that I did! I have several years of experience with coding, but I had never actually made a website before with both html and css.

So I won't go into too much detail about what the website was actually about (since I think the class was publicized widely enough on the internet that, somehow, I'm sure people could figure out where and when the class was, discover who was among the attendees, and narrow it down to figure out who I am). But, I can say that I now:

- understand the difference between css and html in terms of what they are generally used for.
- know how to change the color, font, font size, and text alignment of text on a webpage.
- can write comments in both html and css :) love commenting everything!
- know the difference between parts of an html page, i.e. header, paragraph, body.
- understand that we have to tell the browser that the code is in html before we do anything else.
- have learned about functions in javascript, although I still cannot write them on my own.
...and I'll leave it at that. :3

I am super excited for the next class! We had a pretty good turnout for this one (despite the fact that I don't think everyone who rsvp'd was able to attend), which hopefully will translate to future free coding sessions by our enthusiastic teacher!

~*Avatar Gallery*~

Last edited by salvete; 11-15-2014 at 03:41 AM.. Reason: rearranging sections