View Single Post
salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Old 11-17-2014, 02:37 AM

~*So Blessed*~

I just got off the phone with my mentor, whom I have probably mentioned, previously, is the best person ever. I am so thankful for his presence in my life...I was teary-eyed before and used up quite a few tissues, but I'm drying my eyes off now so I can concentrate on writing this.

So what happened was - I have interviews coming up, and I was looking up all the possible interview questions they could ask me regarding the industry and about myself. But, I found myself stumped by a ton of the questions that came up as possibilities. So, I narrowed down the list of questions and texted maybe six or seven of them to my mentor because I didn't want to overload his Sunday evening with my interview questions.

I expected him to eventually text back, or possibly send an email to me by tomorrow latest with some ideas that he had. I really did not expect him to call...but I found my phone ringing almost immediately, or at most a few short minutes later! And we ended up talking for half an hour about the questions and about interviews in general.

I am so thankful for him...I can't say this enough. I really didn't mean to take up thirty minutes of his limited time (he has a very busy schedule), but he took the time out voluntarily to help me with my questions. And that's just one of the things I hope that I will never forget. It's such a blessing to know that he is there to support me and answer any questions I have.

And not only did he answer the questions I had sent him -- he also went beyond and talked about my strengths as a candidate. I hope he couldn't tell over the phone, but I started tearing up as he began describing the things he himself had observed me do and accomplish. And these included things that I hadn't even thought of as strong points, but he showed that he really noticed things that I did, even in passing, or stuff I just do because I enjoy it that stuck out to him as my personal strengths...

Anyway, I really didn't expect to dedicate an entire post to my mentor (whom I had previously given the pseudonym Afrodonkey, now that I think about it) again, and so soon. But, I kind of just needed a place to share my experience immediately after it happened. After all, memories fade with time. So I'm glad I was able to get it down on paper (or rather, the Internet).

Thank you, Afrodonkey. I wish I could give back to you as much as you have given to me.