View Single Post
salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Old 11-28-2014, 04:49 AM

~*Happy Thanksgiving!*~

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! So here are some stuff I did today!

This morning, I baked cinnamon rolls in the oven. It was my first time baking stuff in the new oven, and I had to take out a bunch of stuff because we were using the oven as storage. ^_^ Anyway, I was completely surprised by this container! The instructions said to use a spoon to pop it open, and holy cow did it make such a loud popping noise! I guess the whole thing is air-sealed, so once the spoon went in, the spirally cardboard container basically split open!

Inside were a container of icing and eight raw dough sections, each with one side topped with crackly cinnamon topping. This topping side, of course, was supposed to be on the pan facing up. The instructions said to grease the pan before putting the dough on it, but I didn't have cooking spray or anything, so I just wiped the surface with some vegetable oil. Pretty much did the trick.

After baking according to the instructions, it was time to put icing on top! I love icing a lot, and the cinnamon rolls turned out super delicious, especially right after coming out the oven, all warm and scrumptious. ^_^

Click on thumbnail for full view

I did not have a very eventful day, just did some work and spent some time on Menewsha. I had dinner with my beloved family members, though, and that certainly was not uneventful! Without going into too much detail...someone had given us some delicious stuff to cook, and it turned out to be super spicy! I only managed to eat one of each, as my tongue is burning a ton. I usually love spicy foods, but not when they are this spicy! My tongue was in pain for quite a while, and I ended up drinking maybe five cups of liquid and eating the rest of my food before the sensation settled down. But, I do appreciate that this person gave us this food, and it was very delicious besides the whole too-spicy-for-my-tongue incident. ^_^

I also celebrated Black Thursday today by going shopping! I had not planned to buy anything, but then I remembered there was one gadget that I wanted. I only went to one store and ended up purchasing two items that were on sale. One was that item I had thought of, and the other was an item I did not expect to buy, but figured it would come in handy (plus it is gorgeous! and the first item is also gorgeous!). I will not go into detail about what those items were, but just know that they were both related to electronics (because electronics are one of the big categories that see discounts or additional offers come this holiday). I have so far opened one of them, and absolutely love it, and plan to open the other one maybe tomorrow to try out.