View Single Post
For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-22-2017, 01:03 AM

The only comic I've read recently has been Hawkeye, and it's enjoyable. The trials and tribulations of a non-powered super hero.

I've also been reading a lot of Korean/Chinese/other webcomics, but that's a whole other kettle of fish. Though, there are some super hero themed ones, as well as a crazy variety of genres, art styles, stories, etc. I recommend Webtoons for a dip into the pong, because it's free. Noblesse is about super powered vampires and has lots of fighting. The God of High School is about super powered fighters, lots of fighting.... you know, now that I think about it, a lot of the ones I read have a lot of fighting. There's another popular site called Lezhin, but only a few of their chapters are free, t hen you start paying. Best to get hooked on the free stuff.

It's funny, I used to read actual comic books all the time, now they're just so intimidating to get back into. I tried picking up a few new titles and I just stepped in and didn't know any of the backstory they were flashing back too and just gave up. It's easier for me to pick up manga and webcomics with definite beginnings.