View Single Post
HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 10-21-2014, 07:07 AM

"Never fear having too many questions," Ixera responded plainly to Cara, it was something Ixera remembered form Master Yu, it was a staple phrase meaning there was always something to learn about, her earlier comment about considering them idiots if they had no questions followed a similar principle to Yu, although his treatment of those unwilling to learn was likely a little less harsh. The woman stared back at them a moment but then chuckled to herself,
"You have it all wrong dear. I didn't heal Numira for Kiernan or you. I healed her for me." Ixera smirked, resting her hands upon her hips as she walked, "She is more precious than either of you know. Although I might consider this a blessing, since she was taken down by such a strong attack, her Titan was not summoned.." The woman mused to herself but then half turned to look back at the two again.

Hecate had begun to follow them, closing the door behind them before padding calmly along at pace, his arms hung at his sides whilst he walked in the same smooth, relaxed way he always did,
"The Iskander is a ship." Ixera responded to the latter of Cara's questions, "It flies above the sky and beyond the boundaries of this world for other worlds. Worlds like Kiranes where I was born. It is technology, if you have heard the term, far beyond what should be witnessed by the common person of this world." She tried to explain it simply. If anyone was smart enoughto understand, it was Cara, although she knew a prosthetic like Kiernans was sometimes referred to as magic technology, or magitech.

She stopped briefly and turned towards the two of them, though she reached for the side of her jacket and underlying shirt, pulling it aside to reveal her neck where the same patterns Numira had could be seen, they cycled through their colors gently, much the same to their companion,
"These markings are also the sign of advanced technology. They heal us, protect us from disease, let us speak languages we would not understand otherwise among other benefits." She let go of her coat and smoothed it out, turning to walk once more, making her way into the cave as she spoke, "But it is technology so advanced that it is not properly protected or treated against the energies of this world, and so it can be damaged or destroyed by the mere presence of magic. Numira is a particularly extreme case of a body relying on advanced technology since it courses through her entire body to greater or lesser extents. The only reason she survived was because her body has already been half-treated, though she may not have been aware of it."

As they approached the ship, she stared up at the grand vessel, resting one hand on her hip, the other swinging calmly at her side,
"To think she would come here, of all places.. She is as reckless and stupid as I was at her age." She reached her free hand up to her face, throwing her head back in laughter again, "I don't know whether to be proud of her or angry! Either way, I must repay Draskone in kind for their hospitality towards her. It is only the polite thing to do." She grinned, again the look of a trickster overcoming her as once before. She climbed into the ship, waiting for Cara and Kiernan to enter along with Hecate. Numira was still asleep int he medical bay, but the scattered, broken lights on her markings had stopped, instead they gently cycled through their colors once more, just as with Ixera.