View Single Post
HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 10-30-2014, 02:54 AM

Numira continued to smile at Kiernan, her sensitive fingers could feel the gentle thundering in the man's chest. She found it comforting in a sense, also the idea that it had indeed been him who her hand could feel when the rest of her senses could barely function. Yet now, now everything felt.. Lighter.. Like a heavy weight had been thrown off her back entirely. Every inch of her felt that little bit stronger. And something more.. Still she could not put her finger on it.

But then her face got serious and she frowned again, face dropping a little,
"I was unable to defend that place.. Your home.. I am not strong enough yet.." She lowered her head a little. She wasn't quite upset, though the images in her head were unpleasant, she was lamenting her weakness, but determination was soon coming across her face, "I must get better.. And stronger.. So next time.. Next time I will not see good people hurt like that." She stated, looking up at Kiernan and smiling, "We can do better. I can do-"
Her stomach growled loudly again and her face turned red once more, "-but maybe food to start." The girl smiled sheepishly, lowering her freed hand to her stomach and looking around at where they were for the first time,
"A ship..? Is this.." She paused thinking of that woman she had seen, "It belongs to that woman..?"

----------------------------------

Ixera smiled as the one with the blades finally approached, the one behind her was making a smart choice to hold off his comrade. Of course all this encounter boiled down to was delaying the Draskone, but Ixera wasn't about to let that fact spoil a good bit of fun at their expense. The woman didn't shift as the large mechanoid struck the first blow. In fact, the blade literally struck, however as it hit Ixera she seemed to scatter like smoke. the blade however was halted by a loud clang as it clashed with something solid. A strange blade roughly the same size of Veila's, decorated with glowing lights and made of a silver-like metal mixed with obsidian accenting, more importantly, it was simply floating in the air. However it had caught the weapon of the golem with enough ease that it suggested something large and strong was holding it too, however nothing more than a trail of energy surrounded it. A blue flame had sparked in its wake, burning in the air briefly but still keeping alight where the two blades had made contact.

Ixera's body reformed a little ways away from the smoke, however this time she was accompanied by something more than herself. several more blades like the first hung in the air to the left of her shoulder. Their shapes and connected energy between them gave them the appearance of a floating wing. They hovered next to a spherical crystal that glowed a deep purple color, but it was surrounded by metallic structures and shapes on her right side that gave off the impression of a large right arm, however the arm ended in a hollow opening with another crystal embedded deep inside, several knuckle like structures around the mouth of the weapon. And from the bottom of the crystal extended a lengthy, multi-sectioned tail that swung and twitched in the air, sending sparks of lightning to the grown below it,
"Are you being serious? You need to attack me with more than that! Dont insult me like that again, soldier of Draskone, or I will kill you during your next half-assed attack." She threatened darkly, practically barking it like an order at her opponent with a voice that could easily make even large men tremble, the kind of voice a harsh wife would need to subjugate a rowdy husband.

Ixera folded her arms and the left wing of blades shifted suddenly, all four aiming their points at Veila's unit, blue flames gathered around them and they vibrated rapidly, as if raring to impale her then and there. However she shifted one hand, a finger lifting. One of the blades stopped moving and struck forward, past Veila and along the ground towards the troops. It carved through the dirt, splitting a small rift along it, the weapon cut through the ground like a hot knife through butter before it twisted violently around. A coaxing finger from Ixera had the blade surging towards Veila again, swinging wildly as the one blocking her initially also shifted to attack as well. Two blades to two. This would be an interesting test of one of these creation's ability to move and fight.