View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 06-10-2016, 11:45 AM

It hadn't taken long for Rose to fall asleep, the days events had completely and understandably worn her out. Even her concern at being in a mans bed has lost out to the draw of sleep, and once she was asleep there was no going back. Even the intrusion of the Captain and his crew didn't wake her, nothing truly would when she was sleeping. It was a habit formed of necessity, unless she wished to rise when the servants were about the house, stoking fires and preparing her chambers for the day, she had learned to sleep through the noise and activity.

Her mother had always commented on her, she made no noise as she slept, and moved very little, she would often come in the middle of the night just to make sure she was still breathing, fearing the worst. Yet that had never truly been a fear before, not waking up, her life in the castle was safe, protected, and she hadn't known about the evils beyond the walls. It is easy to rest quietly when one didn't have nightmares. Visions of blood and carnage filled her sleep and she whimpered and turned in the bed, trying to escape them but unable to wake. Then they would go and she'd be left in a dreamless state, still once more.

The cycle of horror and nothingness continued, she'd whimper, moans, and cry out for a moment before relaxing back into her sleep as if it hadn't happened. The warmth of the room, of her activity, had her all but throwing the blanket back, the long linen shift twisted around her pale legs.

===

At some point Ariel had returned, her face blurred in front of his and he struggled to focus on it. She had removed his boots, then there was a tugging sensation, a pain in his chest and he wanted to fight it off but he couldn't. His mind was foggy and he couldn't concentrate on anything around him, no matter how hard he tried. The cabin was so warm, and kept spinning, something he was sure it hadn't been doing earlier that morning.

Soft fingers wrapped something around him, it was snug and seemed to help dull the pain. He all but sighed in relief and closed his eyes, trying hard to break free from whatever held him. "Bastard got me good." He grumbled, his head banging back against the wall as he leaned back. He remembered being slashed by the guard, taking the princess, being tended to by her maid, but all of it blurred together and could have happened today or three years ago, he wasn't entirely sure.

He opened his eyes once more, the room was a little clearer. He looked at Ariel and grinned, "Aye, yer a sight better to look at than Cook." He laughed at that, a deep laugh that shook his body and pained his chest. Perhaps that hadn't been a good idea. "Not feelin' quite the thing, lass. Help me to just lie down..." He groaned, trying to force himself to lie down on the cot. Some sleep should help him feel normal once more, surely. He had managed to get onto his side, his back against the wall. He patted the bed, a sad attempt at a leer on his face. "Yer welcome to join me."