View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 10-09-2015, 05:11 PM

At first, he wasn't sure she would open up and share was was weighing her down. Sun priestess did surprise him, though, when she did speak from the heart about her woes. If anything, it sounded like pent-up frustration. She was upset that she was so far away during such tender times.

Knowing just what to do, knight lightly patted her shoulder before drawing her into his side. Arm looping around her, the brunette flashed her a lovely, cheeky smile. "You said it, even if you cannot be there to witness her glorious birth, you will be there to watch her grow up. You'll get to see her frolic through the sea of flowers, fall in love with a man who's probably too rugged for his own good, likely get her heart broken only to see it healed with time and the love of a man she never knew exist..." his voice trailed off and he separated from her. "But you already know this." Kevlar smiled. "And are you not the living form of the sun goddess herself? Are you not there beside the baby already? Did you not greet her in the morn' and sing her to sleep as the majestic moon appears?"

Although Kev knew little to nothing about Mae and her practices, he did do his best to at least get the woman to smile. Sadly, whatever ailed her was much deeper than the surface.

As she turned her so-called ranting to an invitation to listen, he scoffed. "Clearly I am a bad friend if you will not tell me all that plagues you with tears." Cupping her hand in his own, he give her another light squeeze. "As a knight, I am sworn to secrecy to the one I protect. If you tell me you are ill and dying, I cannot share it, even if it pains my heart. It is the oath I live by. To break that trust and speak words told in private would be seppuku."

To her, the word was probably foreign for Kevlar was indeed from another country. Despite being a 'knight' by title, Kevlar's unorthodox use of a spear in battle and choice of armor seemed to reflect the ways of the ancient samurai. Pending Mae's knowledge of foreign culture, she would know that the term was an honorable form of death committed by the hands of the who betrayed trust or broken the unspoken law of the samurai.

"I will not force you to speak from the heart, but I do ask that you not lie to me when there is more wrong than meets the eye." With silent exhale, he dropped his head to his hand. Not uttering another word, he drank in the quiet that surrounded them.