Thread: Threat Level
View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 10-04-2014, 04:08 AM

Keeping Sycom close to her with a vice like grip she started to lay into him again a voice echoed in the back of her mind. It was Remy, the words he kept repeating to her from before about how it was Sycom that caused her to lose everything. A scream of rage came from her as she raised the knife to stab him again. To her displeasure the others weren’t going to be good mutts and just sit back quietly.

A shot from a Purium blaster landed near her feet, the weapon belonged to Sai. More gunshots rang out this time from Volkov, one knocking the bloody blade from her hand and another grazing her cheek. Despite this it didn’t seem to faze her. The woman barely heard the words spoken by the Russian. “Kill Me? Do you think that is even a possibility?”

The other woman’s words made sense, but then again they were different. They hadn’t been played by this man from the very beginning. “You have no clue...” Lies and more lies. She was sick of it all.

Vex blinked at the shift in Sycom’s expression and actions. It wasn’t until the man whom she held ripped from her grasp that she was aware that he had any strength to actually fight back. The words exchanged between her and the Russian seemed to go unnoticed by him.

It seemed that the others not sitting by like good boys and girls irritated the man. It was rare to see him react in such a way. To see him knock away a bullet caused her to take a few steps back. Eyes on him she watched as he stalked away, yelling at the others. A small smirk played on her lips. He was lecturing them on not harming her how cute. Vex couldn’t understand why he was being so protective, the fog in her mind making it hard to process much other than the feelings of rage and pure hatred.

Briefly her gaze moved from Sycom, Volkov and the others to the mantis. It was mimicking the male’s movements. How odd. Her attention was once more brought back to her husband as he called her by her true name. She seemed to hesitate when she drew out more blades. He was going to willing let her take his life? Now he was proclaiming his love to her? No, no, it’s a lie. Just like everything else.

Another voice rang in her mind. Her conscious telling her that he was sincere. That he meant what he was telling her. It was annoying and did prevent the hateful words that she spit out next. “You’re a fool. You rather die than to truly face what you did to me.” Her hand raised ready to throw the blade she held tightly to. “Isn’t it too late to not hurt me or even worry about hurting me?”

The woman’s head was starting to ache as the memory of the conversation she had with Flynn and Quincy wormed their way into the back of her mind. “Shut up,” she screamed, blade falling from her hand. Her hands moved to hold her head. “He was the one behind the plot to have those four boys kidnap me, to make me snap and become a criminal.”

At this point she was arguing with herself. “Isn’t that right? After all Remy knew about what really happened back then. He told me about everything.” Lavender eyes landed on Sycom, the anger and rage she felt still there, but now mixed with confusion.

While all of this was going on the nearby building cracked and groaned. Something it seemed that both of them had failed to notice before now. Before she even had time to react to the debris that began to rain down on them someone grabbed her arm. It was Discord. When had he gotten so close? “Let go,” she hissed as he shoved her into Sycom’s arms until the male had no choice, but to hold her.

At first she fought to get free, but the boy made it impossible by knocking them out of the way of the collapsing building using his strength and energy to do so. There was an audible crack as she landed hard on her side while still in Sycom’s arms, one which sent pain radiating through her side and chest, followed by an almost deafening scream. It seemed that the ribs in which hadn’t been completely healed from her fight with Vlad not even 24 hours before all of this had broken.

Taking a sharp breath she stared at Discord. Why? Why had he saved them? Didn’t he realize she was to kill them all once she was done with Sycom? And if she didn’t the elite forces would? Lavender eyes watched as the building seemed to crash down on top of the boy in slow motion. Ignoring the pain within her chest she reached out her hand. At the moment she couldn’t fathom why she made such a gesture or why a single tear seemed to run down her cheek. His demise would only mean there was one less person that the elite forces and she would have to worry about taking out.

Her breathes were short and sharp as Vex forced herself to pull away from the man holding her. She needed to move, regain her composure and complete her mission. At the very least ease the stabbing pain and burning in her side.

It was hard to ignore the pain for long. God did it bring back memories, ones that had been distorted from the truth. Along with the voice of Flynn and Quincy telling her how Sycom kept the government from killing her. She shook her head in an attempt to get them to go away.

He’s my enemy. Wait…something, something isn’t right. How did Remy know what really happened when I never told anyone? None knew except for me and the four that I killed.

At this moment she probably looked pathetic, being tormented by both the lies and the truth, by her love and hatred for Sycom. It was hard to tell what was real and what wasn’t any more. Everything seemed to blur together. Maybe if she just let it all come to an end they could be at peace? If she killed him then herself there would be no more confusion? After all she would be disposed of once she was no longer useful to the government no matter what they had promised right?

So many things were going through the woman’s head that it felt like it was spinning. A small cry came from her before she coughed up blood. In a poor attempt to recompose herself she glanced at the redhead beside her. Pained lavender eyes searched his in hopes of finding some kind of truth. The woman had no clue what was real and what was a lie anymore. Everything Vex thought she knew and what she felt were threatening to rip her apart. “Why,” was all she whispered, leaving him to figure out what she meant.

Will you draw my OCs?

Last edited by blueblackrose; 10-05-2014 at 12:45 AM..