View Single Post
OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to OriginalSin Send a message via Yahoo to OriginalSin

Old 06-29-2015, 07:30 PM

Eliza jammed her fingers into her ears as Roland fired off another last shot killing the last rabid dog as it came flying towards the door. "Jeesh! I don't know how slow they used to be, but from what I can see, they weren't slowing for anything!" she giggled, feeling a rush of adrenaline. "That's okay" she replied when he apologized for pushing her. "I'm quite unsteady on my feet, so you didn't need to push hard to knock me over while I'm not concentrating. But I understand why you needed to do it" she smiled, and then turned to look into the tunnel that they were now stood in.

When Roland said that they would be able to rest soon, Eliza felt a sudden urge to walk faster to get where they needed to go. "I'm so exhausted. That is definitely enough adventure for me for one day" she sighed as they began to make their way up the stairs. Looking over at Roland, she realised how much more at ease he looked now that they were safe in the town. He must know this place well she thought. As Roland opened the door, Eliza caught her first glimpse of the town that he had brought her to. It was huge! Much bigger than she had imagined it would be. "Rifton? That's an odd name, what does it mean?" she asked, looking at him fondly. A wave of nerves passed through her then, and she realised for the first time that she might not be welcome here in this town. She was, after all, an outsider.