View Single Post
Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 01-13-2015, 06:38 AM

After the movie ended, Bran declared loudly that he was going out for a midnight ride on his prized Harley Davidson. He despised dolls. They were creepy. He just couldn't bring himself to go to bed yet, not with those lingering thoughts of creepy dolls, puppets, and mannequins infesting his mind. He left shortly after the movie ended, taking only his wallet, leather jacket, and his beloved Doberman Chaos (who actually loved motorcycle rides...Edgar helped Bran build a seat specially for his canine companion).

That left Edgar and Matthew alone in the house. Edgar bustled about in the kitchen for a while, reorganizing his spice shelf and then beginning to prepare fresh food for his beloved cats. Bacon, the Pembroke Welsh Corgi, was thankfully absent, upstairs snoozing on Edgar's bed. His only companions tonight were the three elusive household cats, all seated just shy of the kitchen tile and watching him eagerly with swishing tails.

Even they knew better than to intrude upon Edgar's space while he was working in the kitchen.

By the time Yuuichi's key turned in the lock, one of the cats had retreated to the expensive red cat tree on the far side of the room, intent on hiding from the newcomer but not quite willing to flee yet. He wanted his food, of course. The other two cats only spared the young man a brief glance before refocusing their attention on Edgar. There was Frankenstein, of course, the petite she-cat with the unusual and astounding markings. Seated beside her was a larger cat with long, flowing ash-gray hair. His eyes were a striking shade of green. The cat who fled was still visible within the cat tree--a huge hulking beast of a tom with long, bushy reddish-fur and a gigantic tail. He was almost twice as big as Frankenstein, and the look on his face was anything but friendly.

"Good evening." Edgar didn't bother looking up from his work in the kitchen. "I apologize in advance if I keep you up at night. I suffer from insomnia. As well, the cats do need to be fed." After working so hard at school and then at his job at Red Robin, shouldn't the blonde be exhausted? But if he really had insomnia...that was understandable.

Even though he faced away from Yuuichi...something seemed different about Edgar. He hummed to himself as he carefully seared the meat in the pan. His posture was no longer straight as an arrow. And...his eyes...such a vibrant icy blue. They seemed somehow darker behind those glasses of his. "I heartily recommend steering clear of the cat tree," he tacked on after a moment. "That is where our Norwegian Forest Cat, Spaghetti, is lurking. And he is not at all amicable toward strangers."

As if daring the human to come closer, Spaghetti's bushy tail whipped back and forth and his lengthy fur stood on end.

Last edited by Mira-Charma13; 01-13-2015 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: Typo