View Single Post
Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 12-22-2010, 11:24 PM

The holdiay season is about two things: giving and good cheer! Thankfully, those two things often go hand in hand and...well...even if they didn't normally, we've done our best to make sure they'll do so here at The Never-Ending Gift Exchange. -nods sagely-

Now, what is this place, exactly? Why, it's an exchange, just as the name suggests! And one that never runs out of gift to boot!

This sounds too good to be true. How do you keep it so well stocked? Well I only stock the first round, then it's up to you. You see, you send a trade to my mule, Faylin Linx, with the number of the gift you would like to recieve in the comments, and add an item to your trade. The trades will be sorted through in the order in which they are sent, and each time you get a gift, your gift will replace the gift that was previously in that slot.

Example: say you picked number 5, and recieved a New Year's Pin and tossed a Yumeh Pop into the pile. The next person who chose gift number five would recieve your Yumeh Pop and whatever they put into the pile would replace it for the next person who might happen to choose number 5. This way we have a constantly refreshing pile of items given and chosen at random. That is to say, you may put in something small and get something expensive or vice versa. You never know what your fellow Menewshan's have added to the pile until you reach in and pull something out. Either well you'll feel good knowing that you've not only given something to others, but that you've returned home with a shiny new item.

Can we sell something or toss it back if we don't like it?
Yes, you are allowed to sell an item if you are unhappy with it, likewise you may throw it back into the pile for a chance to pull something else. After all, one person's trash might be another's treasure, and just because you have 15+ fiery candy stick's doesn't mean the someone else does. That being said, however, once an item goes into the pile, you may not request it back.

Well, what about when the event ends? What will you do with all of the items left over?
Since the pile will always be full, I shall take the items left at the end and give them away via a dice rolling system. This will ensure that everything is distributed fairly.

Do not send trades and donations to me, or they will be considered presents and will not be redistributed. All event trades are to be sent to my mule, Faylin Linx.

Last edited by Seridano; 12-23-2010 at 01:22 AM..