Thread: The Line
View Single Post
PurpleBox
Quite on the Outside, a raging storm Inside.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:20 PM

Dark brown hair was hidden under a bright blue beanie as thick rimmed glasses slipped down a lightly tanned nose. Ian's forest green eyes looked at the dorm building and back down to the piece of paper with his dorm number on it. "I'm so proud of you sweetheart." His mother said hugging him as his father grabbed his travel case form the trunk of their beat up old truck.

"Thanks Ma, I'll study hard." He smiled at his mom who hugged him one more time before his dad shook his hand and with a sputtering turn of a old engine his parents where gone, sighing to himself Ian made sure his messenger bag was hooked across his chest properly before he began to pull him case and himself to the dorm.

Ian found the halls of the dorm packed with students all trying to either find their rooms or chattering away with friends they had already made, he was a bit late so he hurried till he found his dorm door. Taking a deep breath he opened the doors handle, wondering who his room mate would be.

He froze in the door when he saw a vaguely familiar shade of hair. 'No it couldn't be.... could it?' Ian certainly didn't think any one else would have hair like that with the same orange streaks that had haunted his nightmares for those last few months before graduation.

Instead he found him self saying. "You my roommate?" He tried to make his voice as gruff as he could with his accent still holding on after all his years here. The more he looked at the other man in the room, the more Ian found feelings of anger welling up inside him.