Thread: The Line
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-16-2017, 01:06 AM

The problem with parties was Raisel met girls. He liked that, but somehow, it always went so poorly. This party, which wasn't even a real party, offered no exception. After thirty minutes of hanging with the new groups of guys he found, already sure that Josh and Raul would become best friends of his, a girl bumped into him from behind. Black hair to her calves, left half-down in this messy, styled braid, all she needed to do was tilt her head back to meet his eyes and he lost it. "M...Marielle?" Raisel felt himself freeze, only recovering when Josh hooted, sidling up next to him with an appreciating eye.

"Damn, Rais. You know her? That's my type, ya know," Josh chuckled. After meeting Raisel's eye though, the girl pulled away, perhaps quicker than necessary. Without a doubt, she recognized him. Raisel almost sunk to the floor with that knowledge. Except, his body did the exact opposite instead. "Raisel? Wha....hey dude, what are you doing?!"

Raisel already took off through the crowd, ignoring the call thrown after him. Josh be damned, and girls, and whatever. He called after Marielle, determined to be heard over the music. "Mari! Hey, wait up! I want to talk to you!" he yelled, only managing to catch up to her when they reached the refreshment table and he basically cornered her off. The girl spun, dark eyes livid when they met his. However, he tried to placate the look with a smile and carefully chosen words. "You know I really liked you right? I can't believe that we went to the same university. Why didn't you say anything?"

"Why would I?!" she snapped in his face. Rather than placated, she looked even more livid. "You already had another girl last I checked. Or were you even dating her at the same time as me? What do you want me to say here?" Letting out an exasperated groan, her eyes softened for half a second. Eyes pleading, Raisel stepped toward her. Marielle skirted her way toward the door in reaction.

"Look, no. It wasn't like that at all. Marielle, I-" She managed to make it out the nearby door and the sudden quiet there made his words stand out even more. "That girl and I aren't together anymore so I really want to go out with you again!" Just as soon as he'd said the words though, someone bumped into him from behind and he stumbled, almost taking Marielle down with him. At the last second though, she ducked to the side, head held high as he fought for his balance.

"I'm leaving. Please don't follow me, Raisel."

Floored by her words, Raisel watched Marielle hurry away, surprised beyond belief at the rejection. If it was rejection. Probably, but not concrete, or final. Maybe he could try again in a week? Finally, he spun, looking for whoever interrupted his conversation.