View Single Post
Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)。
Send a message via AIM to Ise Send a message via MSN to Ise

Old 09-25-2009, 05:47 PM

Pietro: Hey, ease off a little there. ^^; It's that kind of written tone that I think comes across as harsh and unwelcoming to newer users in the AC. I personally have been put off by users talking like that before and even recently enough to stop coming around much because it irritates me how rude and clique-ish.

Also note that she's a newer user and it's a pretty good thought or educated guess to put something like this here, not a spam thread made for gold mongering like some of the other "Look at me!" ones we've seen in the past. I can see why she did and I can agree with it on a good level. It's just that this could be in a handful of places on the forums, so it becomes a matter of which one suits it best. If it goes somewhere else one of the mods will kindly move it and let her know, so there's no need to get up in arms.

I think it works alright here because she's asking you (as the user) to create a story based off of the avatar the user above you has created, so it's still based off of avatars themselves. It's like all the other comparison threads and topics in AC in that respect. It could also work in word games due to the nature of the game, so to speak, but I think it'd do better here.