View Single Post
zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-18-2015, 04:55 PM

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Todd was my first cat. I had always wanted a cat and finally convinced my mom to let me take this cat from a yard sale. He had already been named Todd. I was thinking of renaming him Garfield or something else but he ended up keeping the name. He was young but not a tiny kitten when we got him and he loved to play and get himself into trouble. Boxes and string were his favorite and he went crazy for cat nip.

Later on I also convinced my mom to let me bring this bunny home from my aunt's house. Moca was tiny when we brought her home but she quickly found her place. She loved to play with Todd, even though he was a bit scared of her, and they had some pretty funny adventures together. Moca loved to chew on cardboard, rattle around the papers in her cage, and eat clover blossoms. Yogurt chips were her favorite treat.

Eventually my half sister convinced my dad to let her get a dog. We named him Kenshin after our favorite anime character. He's quite the old man now but still going strong. When he was younger his favorite pastime was chasing moths in the back yard. He's the man of the house and he knows it. He has his own spot on dad's chair and gets plenty of treats every day. Dad will even cook him up his own steak once in a while and every now and then he gets his own bowl of vanilla ice cream.

Since Moca was too old to take to college with me my senior year, my mom suggested getting a hamster. Chibi was unfortunately quite short lived but he loved to stash his food and run on his wheel. It always amused me to see him shove what looked like impossible amounts of seeds in his mouth and then methodically nibble on sunflower seeds. I would often lay on my bed and let him crawl over me. It really tickled but it was nice to feel his soft fur on my neck.

Yuna is my baby now. She's the queen of the apartment and she knows it, a far cry from the timid little kitty we brought home from the shelter. She loves her styrofoam balls and will even play fetch with you. She thinks the bean bag is her throne, and likes to come visit me when I'm in the shower. She's totally adorable when she's sleeping but when she's awake you better watch out. She loves to pounce one feet!