View Single Post
EltiaskWolffe
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-02-2014, 03:55 PM

It worked. Wolffe felt his annoyance bubbling under the anger coming from Ferris. His lips curved into a smile in a discrete way, and his eyes sparked with a darkened light for a second. His mind quickly noted Ferris' movements and, in response, his left hand hovered over his bow. He left it there, hanging in suspense, as if to make his point clear. Truthfully, his objective was to drive Ferris into a frenzy derived from feeling less that Wolffe himself, something the hunter knew very well he could achieve relying solely on his words. If Ferris went int overdrive, that would give him the alibi he was looking for to kill him right there on the spot. "Since when do you need alibis, Wolffe?" He shook that thought off his head, focusing on enticing Matthew even more. His mind was racing at marvelous speeds, carefully choosing his next words.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, Ferris. Even though I don't give a damn about all the weapons you might be carrying, pulling out one of them would be a very poor choice. See, even though I carry two weapons, I don't need them at all. The choice is merely symbolic, something you might never get the chance to do. Can't you see it? Even now, after all these years, you still need something with you to feel safe. I wonder what it's like, you know. Have you ever felt safe anywhere?" Wolffe shook his head as a sarcastic laugh escaped his lips, totally directed at Ferris. He took his bow and flipped it open, gently tracing his finger up and down the strings. "You know, our story remains unchanged. Seven years have gone by since I erased myself from your world, and yet I'm still better than you, Ferris. Isn't it sad?" The hunter flipped his bow once more, placed it on his belt, and laughed darkly at the soldier.

It was odd, though. After Protegée had spoken, he felt something tugging inside his mind, as if pleading him to stop. However, he quickly brushed it aside. His whole mind was set on enticing Ferris, on making him lose his cool. For that, he was going to do whatever it took.