View Single Post
EltiaskWolffe
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-04-2014, 04:56 PM

"Compensation, you say?" Wolffe laughed sarcastically as he followed her into the house, placing his bow and quiver on the table gently, "If you somehow find a different uncharted island where I can live in, I'll gladly take it. Meanwhile, I don't want anything else," He watched as she went through the door, not speaking at all. When he was sure she wasn't close enough, the hunter exhaled deeply. He knew very well her presence didn't disturb him. No, it wasn't that. His current mood was derived from the unorganized memories still flooding his mind, and even though he was trying his best to keep them at bay, more of them appeared out of nowhere. With a resigned glance at the door, Wolffe sat down on the couch, holding his head between his hands, and simply allowed the first memory flood his mind.

It was a lab, of that he was certain. Even though the memory itself appeared to be covered by fog, he could point out certain machines he clearly remembered from the days he spent inside the USMC's labs as a test subject. He was inside the cage they used to keep him at bay, and when he tried to move his arms, he observed the chains they used to restrain him. On the floor, he could see his own blood. Through his hair, he could see scientists talking quietly, pointing at him and then observing several reports on their tablets. He was weak, at the limits of his own life. Unable to speak, he could do nothing but listen at what they were planning for him.

"We need to carry on with our schedule," one of the scientists said loud enough for him to be able to listen, "our experiments have been a success in him. All the previous test subjects died before we could even proceed with the second manipulation, but he has endured them well. We can't risk this opportunity!" He seemed to be the head researcher, mainly because all of the other members looked up to his guidance. Wolffe whimpered his complaint, but no one heard him.

"Sir, please take a look at the subject," a young female scientist with glasses chimed in, "he is in no condition right now to continue on with the manipulation. Let him rest for a few days,"

Everyone else in the tight group of researchers stared at her, completely surprised. "You don't understand, do you? I've been waiting for years for someone like him, and I am not risking losing my project because the test subject is weak. It's better for us, he won't have strength to fight against it. Now, out of my lab. I don't want to see you in here ever again."

After that, his world became a blur once more. He could only feel pain, terrible pain, and hear his howls of agony.