View Single Post
K-chan10307
Resident Nom-er >:D
Send a message via MSN to K-chan10307

Old 07-05-2014, 05:26 AM

The boat was bigger than she imagined, but overexerting herself to mask it would be worth it. Eltiask’s fear bit into her. Without thinking, she put her hand on her arm and looked into his eyes. She sent him some warm energy. Something to help him fight the fear. “We’ll be fine,” she said quietly to him, although she knew he didn’t trust her. She easily made it to the boat and gently set her belongings next to his. Then she got to work.

Melanie was great at getting people to leave her alone. It was how she survived high school and college. “Don’t you worry about them.” Her mind found theirs. With Matthew and Eltiask, persuasion was much harder to use, because their barriers were reinforced and had been honed to withstand much. She needed to use up more of her energy with them. But these people had a god complex. They thought themselves too intelligent to be persuaded. Their minds were perfect in their opinions. If anything else they were weaker for their confidence. She subtly dove into their minds, pushing the suggestion at them. She altered their vision to making them believe that they had already searched the cave and actually found nothing. Better not to waste their time and turn around. She could see their frustration already, as they put their own vehicles in reverse and decided to search somewhere else instead.

Okay, that’s one thing taken care of.

Melanie gripped the edge of the boat, the harder part still to come. While she had the capability of making things invisible, she knew that would not be a good idea. Invisible boats still moved and created ripples. She would have to mask everything if that were the case. Instead, she manipulated the energy around Eltiask and herself first, before concentrating on the boat. The mask she created emitted a gentle persuasion to anyone who looked their way. People were rather simple like that. The message that manipulated energy gave off was that everything was normal. People tended to ignore things that seemed normal. They glance over it and move on to the next thing. “Okay, we should be good for a while,” she said gently. “I’ve never tried to mask something this big before, but I’m pretty sure I can hold it until we’re safe. Just get us out of here.”