View Single Post
Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-26-2013, 12:22 AM

CHAPTER 28 (PART - B) end of chapter 28

Tintin led Snowy and Cocoa out to the garage where his motorbike was. The garage was placed behind the right side of the manor. It was newly built almost as long as he and Haddock had been lovers. Haddock had a two door garage with a small loft. The loft was added on for storage and a small makeshift lab for the Professor. One car was the one Nestor used to run errands or chauffeur them around, and the other was for their own personal discretion. Haddock mainly drove that one while Tintin preferred to drive his motorbike. Haddock had always told Tintin he was going to hurt himself one day on that contraption if he wasn’t careful.

Tintin loved how riding the motorbike through the countryside gave him an adrenaline rush, especially in the summer when it was hot. Late November into winter he would still ride the motorbike even when Haddock would ask him not to. Only when it was really cold would Tintin listen. Haddock hoped as Tintin became older his tastes would change. The garage also had numerous tools which Calculus and sometimes Haddock used.

Tintin remembered the last time the car needed serviced Haddock made the last repairs to the brakes and changed the oil. Tintin did the previous oil change on it and would do minor repairs if it needed it as well. In the summer Haddock enjoyed tinkering with cars and other mechanical devices. Haddock claimed one say he was going to build his own boat. Tintin was impressed be such a claim as Haddock had started it a month ago but hadn't followed through with it. The professor would sometimes come up with all kinds of new ideas constantly giving them lectures and sometimes demonstrations which Tintin always found interesting or amusing depending upon the success. Haddock wasn’t so easily captivated by these lectures. Nestor always stayed busy with many activities during the day weather cooking, cleaning, or supervising other workers such as the Bolt grandchildren. It was life at Marlinspike Hall.

“Come on Snowy, you too Cocoa!” Tintin said helping Cocoa in the basket strapped tightly on the back. Cocoa whined a little unsure of the safety of the basket.
“My master would never put us in danger. Just stay inside, you’ll be fine” Snowy assured Cocoa.
Tintin put up the kickstand and rolled the bike out of the garage. It was a partly cloudy day with a gentle breeze. Tintin had on his long trench coat and put on his helmet, gloves, and goggles. He got on his bike gave it a nice kickstart and it instantly came to life with a healthy roar.
Cocoa curled back up further in the basket.
“Don’t be so scared, this is fun!” Snowy tried to get Cocoa to loosen up.
“I like being on the ground” Cocoa said nervously.
The bike took off towards the gate jolting both Snowy and Cocoa into the basket. Tintin got off his bike and entered the three digit number on the inside rotary that opened the gate and with a click it unlocked. Tintin locked the gate back behind him and got back on his bike when he heard sudden barking in the distance.

“What’s this?” Snowy wondered poking his head out.
Two huge Doberman Pincers were coming from nowhere at Tintin.
“Crumbs! It’s them again!” Tintin exclaimed trying to kick start his bike unsuccessfully.
“Oh no!” Tintin began to sweat not having his gun on him.
“Tintin is in danger!” Snowy said watching as the Doberman Pincers began to close the distance between them. Cocoa poked her head out too.
“We’re no match for them Snowy!” Cocoa shrieked.
“I don’t care, as long as I breathe no one will touch my master without dealing with me first” Snowy said bravely. Cocoa was amazed with Snowy’s devotion but also realized this could be trouble for all of them.
“Great snakes! Come on start!” Tintin gave it a couple more kick starts as the Doberman Pincers closed in the distance. Just as they were about to leap at Tintin with their fangs barred, Snowy and Cocoa both poked their heads out quickly barking as loudly as they could at the Dobermans. This turned their attention away for a split second giving Tintin just enough time to get the motorbike started with one last desperate kick start.

Tintin gave the bike a sudden surge of fuel which sent them rocketing down the road as Snowy and Cocoa were jolted back in the basket. The Dobermans quickly ran in pursuit only a few yards behind until Tintin could accelerate enough to widen the gap until he was able to out run them. A couple minutes later Tintin glanced back and there were no signs of the mysterious Dobermans.

“I wonder where they came from? Are those the same dogs that attacked me last week?” Tintin thought. He continued to fly through the countryside until he began to reach the outskirts of town in Brussels. It felt like it had been awhile since he had ventured into town and went to the market so he decided he would take a ride in and see if there was anything that would interest him. He parked his bike where he always parked it when coming into the market. Snowy and Cocoa jumped out of the basket relieved that their two pursuers were nowhere near.

“Good boy Snowy! Good girl Cocoa! If you two wouldn’t have delayed those two beasts we may have been in a much more dangerous situation” Tintin praised them.
“You can count on us Tintin!” Snowy barked.
“If Snowy says so then so do I!” Cocoa echoed.
“Stay close and let’s have a quick look around” Tintin said eagerly as he led them through the market.
There were book stands, wood craftsmen, the usual produce sellers, and people just selling junk. Tintin noticed someone he had not seen in a long time. It was the same man whom he had bought the model of the Unicorn from so many years ago.
“Why Tintin? Is that you?” the tall old man with the grey mustache and glasses stood up from his stool.
“Yes, how are you? I haven’t seen you in quite sometime either” Tintin shook hands with him.

“Been doing a bit better now, I traveled to southern France for a few years on the farm to recover my waning health” he explained.
“So that’s what I haven’t seen you” Tintin nodded.
“So have you been off on any adventures lately lad?” the old man asked enthusiastically.
“Not really, just got back from England and getting ready to return tomorrow” Tintin replied glancing at his set up full of different odd items.
“What are you going back over there for?” he asked curiously.
“Official business…” was all Tintin would say as he continued to browse until he saw small display of a scene of a village during the holidays with three buildings which included a general store, a bakery, and sweet shop with snow on the roofs and the ground. There were little figures that represented children running around while a traffic cop seemed to be watching them as they played. Tintin noticed a lone child figure leaning against a stone in the corner.
“This is nice, where did you get this?” Tintin asked.

“I made it myself actually. When I returned for the holidays this past year I spent some time putting this together.
“I really like it, how much for it?” Tintin smiled again.
“Make me an offer, it has more sentimental value than anything” the man mentioned.
“Ok, how about seventy-five Francs?” Tintin smiled.
“That sounds better than I could have asked, it’s yours” he said taking it and wrapping safely in some newspaper.
“Hopefully this thing won’t get me in trouble like the Unicorn model did” Tintin laughed.
“I knew I should have asked more for that ship. I read all of your exploits about that one. You even helped ole Captain Haddock claim his family estate” he said impressed.
“I had no idea it was going to turn out to be some crazy chase like this with the Bird Brothers on my tail” Tintin laughed.

“They’re still locked up aren’t they?” the man asked cautiously.
“As far as I know they are… they should be there for awhile” Tintin chuckled.
“Good, glad to know we got good people like you and Thompson and Thomson looking out for the rest of us” he said putting the item in a small paper sack.
“Well thank you so much, I will have to come visit you again soon” Tintin smiled.
“Certainly Tintin, it’s always a pleasure” he smiled sitting back on his stool.

“Come on Snowy, Cocoa, time to go visit a special friend” he said as they made their way down an old familiar lane. Snowy recognized the old way and ran ahead leading Cocoa behind him. When Tintin arrived it was twenty-six Labrador Road. Tintin gently began knocking at the door. All was silent behind the door until a few shuffles and unlatchings could be heard and one last chain was removed and the door creaked open.

An older woman with an old pair of glasses and her dark hair up in its usual style answered the door. She wore a knee length skirt and a long mint green sweater. She squinted in the bright light outside for a minute then they opened widely when she realized who was standing in front of her.
“Tintin!” she said throwing the door open giving him a hug.
“Mrs. Finch! How have you been?” Tintin returned her hug.
“Come in, I have some nice hot cocoa for us” she beamed.
Cocoa cocked her head with a slight grunt. “She wasn’t talking about you Cocoa…just a drink. Mrs. Finch I want you to meet my newest family member Cocoa” Tintin introduced.
“She’s pretty, when did you get her?” Mrs. Finch replied as they walked inside her apartment.
“When I was over in England this week” Tintin said taking a seat on one of Mrs. Finch’s fine upholstered antique chairs.
Mrs. Finch disappeared into her kitchen and returned with a small tray with their mugs of hot cocoa.

“What were you doing in England?” she asked curiously handing Tintin his hot cocoa.
“More mystery and intrigue…” Tintin said savoring a sip of Mrs. Finches famed hot cocoa. “Wow! I forgot just how good your cocoa was Mrs. Finch” Tintin licked his lips of the little bit of marshmallow cream.
“Yea I still make it the same way… but tell me of this mystery and intrigue” Mrs. Finch replied with interest.
“There have been attempts on my life from some mysterious cult” Tintin said darkly.
“Oh my goodness!” Mrs. Finch said putting her mug down as she sat on the opposite chair of the small table where they sat their mugs.
“What else has happened? I’m almost afraid to ask Tintin” Mrs. Finch asked with much concern.
“I found out I have a brother…” Tintin said quietly.
“I see…” Mrs. Finch said in an unexpected tone.
“I ran into him just by chance in Ipswich” Tintin continued.
“Who’s pursuing you Tintin?” Mrs. Finch asked quietly.
“A cult known as The All-Seeing-Eye” he replied taking another sip of his cocoa.
“Oh dear…” Mrs. Finch looked as if she saw a ghost. Snowy and Cocoa lied at Tintin’s feet.
“What’s wrong Mrs. Finch?” Tintin asked curiously.
“Was your brother a twin?” She asked already knowing.
“Why yes, but how do you know?” Tintin asked with even more intrigue.
“I knew this day would come…” she paused sitting up. “I was told when I adopted you that you had a twin brother, but for yours and his safety, I was told to not mention anything about him to you” Mrs. Finch explained.

“Who told you that?” Tintin asked in disbelief.
“The orphanage had a letter of requests as part of the conditions of adoption. That was one of the conditions. I wanted to tell you Tintin, but it would have only hindered you. Look at what you’ve become!” Mrs. Finch said proudly.
"Yes, and I have you to thank for it Mrs. Finch, I do owe a lot to you" Tintin agreed.
"You don't owe me anything, just take care of yourself and continue being successful" she nodded.
“Who wrote the letters?” Tintin asked ravenously hungering for the information.
“Now Tintin, no good will come of you getting mixed up in a situation that will only lead you to more hurt and anguish son” Mrs. Finch warned.
“Please Mrs. Finch, I fear my life…and possibly my brothers may depend on it” Tintin pleaded.
Mrs. Finch was nervous as her mug was shaking as she went to pick it up and take a sip.
“Mrs. Finch, you haven’t had any visitors have you?” Tintin looked at her noting her fidgeting.
“Tintin, sometimes in life somethings are just best left in the past. You’ve been hurt more than any child should have been…but yes… about a couple of weeks ago they came looking for you in your apartment” Mrs. Finch said grimly as it seemed difficult for her to talk about.

“What did they do to you Mrs. Finch?” Tintin looked at her unsettled.
“There were four of them, when they found and broke into your now empty apartment. I heard noise and called the police. I should have stayed in my apartment but as the landlord here I have to make it my business. I saw a tattoo I saw on one of their palms that I haven’t seen in more than a decade” Mrs. Finch paused adjusting her glasses.
“You mean you’ve seen that tattoo before?” Tintin was surprised.
“Why yes, when I was informed of my husband’s death a man who I met up with about my husband’s belongings in the army had a pyramid inside a circle with an eye in the middle. I saw the tattoo on his arm and when I began to really notice it he pulled his sleeves down” she remembered.
“I’m sorry Mrs. Finch, I didn’t mean to make you remember all of that” Tintin said regretfully.

“They searched my apartment frantically looking for a keepsake…but they didn’t find it” Mrs. Finch smiled a little.
“What keepsake?” Tintin began feeling a bit emotional.
“The keepsake of items the orphanage found you with when you suddenly appeared at their doorstep one snowy night with your brother” Mrs. Finch replied.
“So Thompson and Thomson knew about all of this all this time about what happened?” Tintin took a deep breath
“Yes, they personally with a couple other agents from INTERPOL whisked me away. They asked me a lot about your past. I told them ‘leave the poor thing alone’, that you’ve suffered enough” Mrs. Finch took a handkerchief out.
“What all did they ask you?” Tintin pressed her.
“From the time I adopted you and everything I was told or knew about you, they wouldn’t tell me why they wanted to know so much” Mrs. Finch stopped drying a tear.

“I took you in and raised you the best way I knew how. My husband and I couldn’t have children so we wanted to give back to the world. I only wanted to make you strong, after losing my husband. You helped me be strong Tintin” Mrs. Finch took off her glasses drying more tears.
“I hold nothing against you Mrs. Finch, it’s because of you that I have become so successful today” Tintin said giving her an assuring hug.
“Mrs. Finch, I need to know who wrote those requests” Tintin repeated his question.
“You may not like the answer you hear Tintin” Mrs. Finch warned.
“I have to know…no matter how painful it may be” Tintin nodded.
“It was… your mother and father…” Mrs. Finch sighed.
Tintin stopped cold as if an ice dagger had pierced right through his heart. The world stopped for that moment frozen in an icy nexus of anguish.

Last edited by Kole_Locke; 01-30-2013 at 03:45 PM..