View Single Post
Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-09-2013, 03:12 AM

CHAPTER 32 (PART - A)

Chang returned back to the room to take a nap. Chang had enough prophetic dreams and just wanted to find some respite. After an hour, both Thompson and Thomson returned both of them wearing blue tartan kilts, socks, and shoes, with a blue plaid hat to go with a nice cream colored button up shirt. Chang found it almost comical at first but didn’t want to make fun of the Detectives.

“Another disguise?” Chang asked.
“Precisely!” Thomson nodded.
“Too right you are!” Thompson agreed.
“Do I have to wear one too?” Chang asked almost afraid to hear the answer.
“Darn it Thompson! I knew we were forgetting something!” Thomson snapped his fingers.
“I thought so too but just couldn’t seem to get it to the tip of my tongue!” Thompson stomped his feet.
Chang sighed in relief, “It’s ok really, I have this disguise…are we going down to the port now Detectives?”
“Indeed, we need to find this ‘Sea Serpent’ of yours” Thomson declared.
“Precisely!” Thompson agreed.
“Then let us go” Chang sprang off of his comfortable cot grabbing a camera hanging it around his neck.
“Ah, now I get it! You’re going to be a tourist” Thomson pointed.
“That’s right” Chang nodded.

They left the Sea Breeze and got into their car and drove out to the port of Glasgow. It took them ten minutes to get there.
“Wow the docks are spread throughout and there are a lot ships” Chang commented. The port was in a bay and widespread. It was beautiful to Chang for this was his first time in Scotland.

“If it’s here we will find it” Thompson assured him.
“Find it we will” Thomson echoed.

Almost thirty minutes went by and not one ship even resembled the Sea Serpent. Chang kept his eyes open believing the ship was there; however, Thompson and Thomson were beginning to have their doubts. Just before the Detectives could say anything Chang noticed the huge black looking hull off in the distance.

“Wait! That’s it up ahead!” Chang pointed.
Both Detectives looked carefully as they drove closer and could see the huge black hull with the name ‘Sea Serpent’ painted in red.
“I say let’s go find out who the captain of that ship is” Thomson suggested.
“Not a bad idea Thomson” Thompson agreed.
They parked the car a block away and decided to walk closer. Chang began to feel a sudden sharp pain as they got closer.
“What’s wrong Chang?” Thompson noticed Chang grabbed his chest slowing down considerably.

“That ship, it’s…it’s…” he stopped short of what he was going to say.
“It’s what?” Thomson stood on Chang’s opposite side.
“We need to be very careful” Chang took a deep breath.
“You got us with you Chang” Thompson said confidently.
“Nothing bad will happen, we’ll protect you” Thomson agreed.
“But who will protect you?” Chang thought. Chang wanted to believe them but even he had a sense of foreboding. He knew he must not falter that this was the time to search for weaknesses of his enemies.

“Come on Chang, we came all of this way!” Thompson rationalized.
“The least we can do is walk bravely aboard this ship” Thomson nodded.
Chang nodded, “Fine, we shall meet them…”
They walked to the gangway which was being watched by a couple deck hands loading cargo.
“May we help you sirs” one man asked.
“We are Detectives here to speak to the Captain of this vessel” Thompson declared.
“Indeed we are” Thomson echoed.
“I see…wait just a moment” he said whispering to the other sailors as he disappeared on the ship for about ten minutes.

XXXXXXXX

“Captain Schnider, we have Detectives here to see you sir!” the deck hand reported.
“Is that so? Well welcome them on board and let’s give them a warm welcome,” Gaspar laughed.
“Is that them?” Gaspar asked the deck hand taking a peak out the window sizing up the Detectives and Chang.
“Yes sir, two Scotsmen who say they are detectives and a Chinese man with a camera” he reported.
“Fine, I’ll deal with them... this should be fun!” Gaspar smiled wickedly.
“No you won’t!” an even more menacing voice said from behind.
“Lieutenant?” Gaspar said amazed to see him out this evening.

“You will stay out of sight, and continue your duties, I will deal with the visitors” He said. Herr Wagner looked different. He was dressed in a long black overcoat wearing an eye patch. He wore a white button up shirt underneath his coat with a pair of black slacks and black boots. His cap looked like any cap a captain would wear. His grey hair was combed back as it appeared he seemed to have been growing a thin mustache.
“Now go!” he said standing a couple inches taller than Gaspar.

“Yes Lieutenant” Gaspar said leading the deck hand away.
Chang and the Detectives saw the tall dressed man standing at the top of the gangway ominously staring at them motioning for them board the ship.
“Good evening gentlemen” Herr Wagner smiled putting on a facade.
“Good evening to you too Captain?...” Thomson asked not knowing his name.
“Just call me Lieutenant” his deep voice sounded dark.
“I am Thomson,” Thomson shook the Lieutenant's hand.
“I am Thompson,” Thompson did likewise.

Chang stood there quietly eying Herr Wagner cautiously. Herr Wagner’s gaze began scrutinizing Chang.
“Who might you be? A detective?” the Lieutenant asked.
“I am a reporter from China, my name is Ying” Chang lied.
“Nice to meet you…Ying” the Lieutenant said grasping Chang’s hand.
Chang felt an intense cold shoot up through his arm as he made eye contact with Herr Wagner’s left unnaturally ice blue eye.
“Is something wrong?” the Lieutenant asked Chang suspiciously.
“No sir, I’ve just been a little sick lately that’s all…” Chang lied. He felt an intense evil radiating from him.
“So what brings all of you here to my ship?” Herr Wagner asked.
“We are here looking for Allan Thompson” Thomson declared.
“We were told he was the captain of this ship” Thompson replied.
“It is true he was the captain…” Herr Wagner trailed off.
“What do you mean he was the captain?” Chang asked suspiciously.
“Well you see… he had some, family business he had to attend to” Herr Wagner explained.

“I see…” Chang said not believing him.
“Do you mind if we have a look around?” Thompson asked.
“Not at all… this way” he said leading them around the deck showing them basic operations. He led them inside to the mess hall where some of the crew was just now eating dinner.
“Not bad dining facilities” Thomson commented.

“We try to keep our crew well fed” Herr Wagner nodded. “Now let us continue…”
He led them down corridors with many pipes until they came to the engine room, which there were a handful of engineers working and checking valves and other instruments.
“What an engine!” Thompson said in amazement noticing its intricate design.
“It was a specially designed engine for our—customized ship” Herr Wagner explained.
He continued leading them through a network of dimly lit passages with doors ever few intervals of a few yards.
“These are cabins of the crewmen on board” Herr Wagner said opening up one the abruptly stopped in front of.

Chang felt a sinking feeling inside this ship as if he felt he would never get out and see the light of day; or as one would feel who had been locked up in a deep dungeon. They continued walking down the corridor as they finally began to ascend up a narrow stairway; but, before they ascended Chang could hear something that sounded like a scream then the sound of steam whistling covered up the sound.
“Is something wrong?” Thompson whispered to Chang.
“I feel…” Chang whispered back.
“Please follow me” Herr Wagner prompted them.
Chang turned around for a moment and saw a tall black haired woman with pale skin wearing a black veil over her face and a black blouse and skirt. Chang blinked for a moment and she was gone.
“Come on Chang!” Thompson whispered grabbing his arm.

Chang decided not to act surprised taking note of all the subtle clues and feelings he was receiving from all over the ship. It was almost a sensory overload for him. Chang’s inner voice was telling him now was not the time to act. He knew they had stumbled on to the lion’s den. He quickly ignored the sickening feeling he felt strongly and began to act like the curious reporter with his camera snapping pictures.
The Lieutenant led them up to the bridge for their last bit of the tour.
“This is our bridge, of course that being said, it should be quite self-explanatory” Herr Wagner replied watching and observing all three of the carefully.
“This is a nice bridge!” Thompson exclaimed.
“Indeed it is! Look at all the instruments and gadgets!” Thomson went on.
“I never see such a bridge before!” Chang tried to sound enthusiastic.
“Please refrain from touching any of the buttons. It is all custom built, if you have any questions please take the time to ask me now. I am a busy man and have much to do” Herr Wagner explained.
“What kind of cargo do you carry Lieutenant?” Chang asked curiously.
“We carry many kinds of cargo Mr. Ying…” Herr Wagner answered quickly.
“Like what?” Chang asked.

“We carry canned food imports and exports as well as clothing, and other kinds of every day items that stores would carry…anything else?” the Lieutenants voice gradually crescendo-ed looking at both the Detectives.
“I think we’ve seen enough Lieutenant, we thank you” Thomson nodded.
“Indeed, thank you for your time” Thompson agreed.
“I’m glad I could be of service Detectives…and Mr. Ying” the Lieutenant clasped Chang’s shoulder unexpectedly causing Chang’s knees to buckle from the cold feel of his touch.
“Are you ok Mr. Ying?” the Lieutenant asked almost mockingly.
Chang stood up stoically, “I am fine Lieutenant, just too many stairs, I think I become old man sooner than later” Chang laughed.
He led them to the gangway and watched the trio depart.
“So who were they?” Lady Ravena suddenly appeared out of nowhere it seemed next to Herr Wagner.
“Detectives from INTERPOL Thompson and Thomson” Herr Wagner whispered.
“Who’s the other one?” she asked curiously.
“He says he is a reporter from China and his name is Ying…but he is lying” Herr Wagner replied evenly.
“Indeed he is Lieutenant” another voice said walking up behind both of them.
“Master Rastapopoulos, how nice of you to join us” Lady Ravena smiled seductively.
“How do you know Master Rastapopoulos?” Herr Wagner asked suspiciously.
“He is a friend of Tintin’s, his real name is Chang” he smiled.
“You mean the Blue Lotus incident you told us about in Shanghai?” Lady Ravena asked eagerly.
“Indeed it is, if it wasn’t for Chang and the rest of the Sons of the Dragon, Tintin and a few other meddlers would have been eliminated” Rastapopoulos answered haughtily.
"How did you find out his name?" Herr Wagner asked skeptically.
"I make it my business Lieutenant of all of those who get in my way" Rastapopoulos said evenly.
“Where are Lento and the Fakir?” Herr Wagner asked casually.
“They are comparing and finishing up the notes for our meeting later this evening” Rastapopoulos replied.
“Excellent. Chang…I knew there was something exceedingly bright about him” Herr Wagner commented.
“He is a warrior of light” Lady Ravena came right out with it.
“Yes, he is one of the Sons of the Dragon” Herr Wagner placed him almost immediately after hearing a shortened background story of Chang. “The two Detectives, I’m not too worried about. We can deal with them anytime, the other could be a bit more a formidable opponent” Herr Wagner warned.
"That little thing?! Ha!" Rastapopoulos laughed.
“Don’t worry Lieutenant, should he decide to return, we will be ready for him” Lady Ravena laughed. “I think you will be pleased with the results of this meeting” Lady Ravena added.
“Das ist gut!” Herr Wagner put his arm around Lady Ravena.
The trio returned back to the bridge and began to make preparations for their meeting.

Last edited by Kole_Locke; 02-14-2013 at 08:45 PM..