View Single Post
Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 02-07-2014, 12:10 AM

"If all of you-" Mannik sighed and touched a hand to his temple. Eventually, he shook his head and lowered his head. "There used to be governments-democracies-and they were ruled by the people they were supposed to serve. We try to go off that form of government down here. I'm not going to sit here and argue with you. Just...take a look around, since you are here anyway. Maybe you can learn some things too."

"It doesn't have to be that way. People don't have to dominate other people..." He avoided looking at her when she deposited the pile of furs in the corner. "And I'm not going to dominate you. You may be here as a hostage, but you'll be treated much better than our people get treated in Above. If you make a mistake here, we aren't going to beat you and torture you for it. At least from me, you'd have a quick, almost painless death. You won't starve in a cell because you stole some bread." He shook his head again, reaching out and accepting her jacket and earrings. Mannik was silent as he emptied the items from her jacket and placed them into his own pockets.

"I'll make sure all of this is returned to you when you leave..." He muttered once he'd searched the jacket. And despite that she'd been truthful about that, she was right to turn against the wall. The rest of her would still need to be searched. Trying to stall a bit, Mannik folded the jacket neatly, and laid it on the furs that would consist of Adelmar's bed before moving behind her.

"Okay...so...uhm...sorry...about this..." The soldier muttered. He started with her hair, checking for any hair pins. His movements were awkward, but it was clear he was trying to be gentle as he pat her down. Arms were next. He ran his hands around both sides of her skirt, feeling for anything that may be hidden inside the fabric. It wasn't until Mannik moved around to her front that a reed flush crept up his face. "S-sorry..." Mannik stated again, quickly checking her chest before kneeling and running his hands over her legs and socks.

When that was finally done, he turned away quickly, deftly searching her shoes and setting them next to the pile of fur as well. Though it was necessary, Mannik was clearly in a hurry to forget it, since he changed the subject quickly. "Tomorrow, I'll ask around for some spare clothes to fit you. All that white will get ruined down here..." Tonight would be even more awkward. Mannik avoided looking at the female as he laid down in the corner, arranging empty weapons around him and covering up in the furs.