View Single Post
InsaneArtisticNerd
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-09-2015, 12:52 PM

InsaneArtisticNerd

Posting frequency: I'll check rps twice per day. Once in the morning and once in the afternoon.
Posting length: 2-5 PARAGRAPHS, depending on what material other people gives me, unless I freeball it and make it longer. I'm a literate role player, but I'm a bit rusty when it comes to rping and I make a lot of punctuation mistakes.
Gender preference: I can play guys and girls, whichever age too.
Sexuality preference: I usually play straight characters.
Role-play size: I like roleplaying in groups.
Role-play genre preference: High fantasy, modern day, fantasy, sci-fi, apocalyptic...I tend to like to explore genres. I don't like school roleplays though, since I'm in college and the idea of becoming a classroom-trapped student makes me want to climb up the walls.
Specific likes: Meeting interesting characters and scenarios. Playing off of other people and myself.
Specific hates: Boring characters, posts or scenarios. Love relationships where the other party initiates.
Post example:
This is something I did in a private pm on Comicvine, I'll post it here. I'm good at world building when called upon it.

Quote:

Home Planet: Planet Xenitria(which has four orbiting moons)

Origins: An species of genius, technology-minded aliens who grew their empire just by being so driven, that they quickly grew to outstrip their neighboring planets in terms of mind and strength.

As a society, they were originally separated into clans that each specialized in a different field. One clan might specialize in medical technology, the other aero-science and another would be renown for their advancements in deep-space mining technology. Before long, the clans came together inside the enviro-domes, mingled and mixed until they just accepted themselves as one united society of advanced thinkers and innovators. Which was a great relief to their children, since there would be no lingering sense of shame when they abandoned their clan's chosen field of study to pursue something which better interested them.

Once they reached the apex of their culture in terms of never-before seen achievement, they found that due to their all-consuming involvement with building, improving and all-around enhancing, has brought their reproduction rate to near-standstill. Since both males and females were more absorbed in creating technological achievements that would carry on as their legacy and less absorbed in the idea of creating a family to carry on as a living legacy, they soon arrived at a birth-rate that would certainly doom their entire species. Or so it would appear, as geneticists collaborated programmers, architects and inventors to build buildings to house artificial wombs, required that all able-bodied citizens donate the necessary tissues to create a genetic library that sorted and selected the best genetic material and matched them to each other to create better and brighter young generations. Children were born in artificial wombs, and brought up by adaptive and intelligent robots that were programmed for child rearing.

They start engineering/building/programming exercises since infant-hood, and their following childhoods are spent immersing themselves in the broad fields of scientific/technological study. As artificial technopaths, they're capable of downloading a vast amount of knowledge on any subject. From there, each individual Xenistrian either narrows down on whatever subject that they find the most consuming, or tries their hand at each field until they find something that they can be obsessive about. Once old enough to think, tend to and fend for themselves, they are brought into the general society and are tasked with finding themselves mentors and seniors in whatever field that interests them. They are usually accepted into whatever sub-community they find and form a bond with these people that can only be described as familial.

A Xenestrian is active in both body and mind until he or she dies. That means, the elderly population on Xenestria are always up and running about, up to date with every small development in science and technology, and working their asses of on their own glorious retirement projects, which are usually entertainment or fun related, which is why the elderly in Xenestria is so very much loved. In fact, every Xenestrian corporate or state worker who harbors ambition to create some whimsical knick-knack of a machinery plan to create their great wonders when their retired, because no-way no-how is the state or company going to approve of anything that isn't utterly useful and efficient in whatever task the Empire needs it to do. However, do to this constant work-pace that Xenestian elderly live in, it is not uncommon to see an elder fall over and die while in the middle of his work. As a form of mourning and honor, after the burial, the elder's friends(who are usually colleagues), students and successors usually work together to finish their friend's last project according to their friend's blue prints(which is this civilization's version of a last Will and Testament).

Their drive is solely focused on improving things. From the use of resources on different planets(which they always see as being better used under their guardianship), to other civilizations/cultures, to bionic enhancements to themselves and building robots who can build better robots than themselves. And then striving to one-up the robot-built robot with their own innovation.Once they reached utopia on their planet and there was nothing left to improve, they started eyeing their neighbors and making diplomatic suggestions. When said aid/suggestians were rejected because the other planet wanted to deal with its own problems, Xenestria decided that it was too far invested in said planet's problems to stand by and watch. So they invaded the planet so that they could 'fix' the problem, and ended up colonizing it and improvingre-working the planet until it resembled its own. And while this was the first time that their planet had gone to war, it turns out that, whatever Xenestrians do, they do really well. And that includes intergalactic warfare. that was the start of their colonization of other planets, and before you knew it, their OCD had landed them with an empire. But they didn't mind, and decided to rule properly and to show that their idea/empire was the best by continuing to beat, invade and improve other planets and eventually solar systems.

Are you open to try new things? Feel free to pm me.
How can we contact you? Just pm me or ping me.
Other: I used to roleplay a looong time ago, on another forum called One Manga. Did a pirate roleplay there before it got shut down. I came to Mene a few years ago, but never did anything much with this place(I was just curious). Now that I'm starting to pick up the pen and paper again(for drawing comics), I felt that I should have some practice with writing and decided that rping would be a good way to give my somewhat neglected imagination a stretch. Hope to see you all in an rp!

Last edited by InsaneArtisticNerd; 04-09-2015 at 01:18 PM..