View Single Post
Lathrine
theatre major from nurse school

Old 08-22-2015, 11:47 AM

It took Kalia a few moments to reply and she idly watched Khadri and his tea as she thought, briefly wishing for some as well. "I met a handful of people before you who needed help, and I assisted them as best I could. It sounds terrible, but in a way you were convenient. You were the first one I perceived as being in a more dire situation, and staying in one place gave me the chance to think about... how I wanted to go about things." Kalia gesticulated vaguely, then frowned at her thoughts. "There are always going to be people who require more help than those I am with. But if I spend my whole life trying to find those people, I may not see the people who need help right in front of me. It's like..."

She stopped and squinted at nothing, trying to find a way to word it. "Like... the ranger we found. Adventuring is inherently dangerous, and by nature it takes you to dangerous places. They're remote, and people die all the time just because... they were overlooked. We had the means to save the ranger, but what if we hadn't taken the job? There's no guarantee any other group down there had the means to help her, or that they would arrive in time. Anywhere we go, there are going to be people like that. So, to me, joining a crew and adventuring seems like the best course of action right now."