View Single Post
Lathrine
theatre major from nurse school

Old 09-10-2015, 05:26 AM

"I know. The thought doesn't still well, but I know. I have known." To think, this conversation had started with a name for Khadri's ship and the promise of puns. How had they even gotten to such a heavy topic? Kalia took a deep breath, letting it out slowly and steadily. "... You weren't the only one threatening the orc back on that asteroid farm. He would've only gone on to hurt or kill others, and I wouldn't do that encounter any other way given the chance. It just..." Kalia shifted uncomfortably, rubbing the side of her neck and letting her right hand just rest there against her collar bone. "It feels... different, on the larger scale. With the orc pack. It's ridiculous, but on that kind of scale I couldn't help but feel like one or two of them might've been saved. Evil doesn't mean they can't change. I know they were an immediate threat, and I don't disagree that it was the best decision, but..." A long pause, and then Kalia shook her head. She slid her right hand down the back of her neck, cushioning her cheek against the wrist. "I don't know. I can't find the words for it."

But then, Khadri seemed to be struggling just as much as she was. "Be that as it may, as glad as I am to hear I'm not the only one neck deep in it-- I don't doubt your instincts, Khadri. Sometimes they may... lead us astray," she admitted with a wince, "But no more than mine inevitably will. I have faith that my gods will guide me straight and true, however even they can only do so much when faced with mortal judgement." Could they even see her, all the way out her in Realmspace? She had been warned she may be beyond Kirechk's help, but maybe Dimandrix...