View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 07-07-2016, 03:16 AM

He just left? Rose frowned and stared at the door for a moment. It wasn't often she was able to talk to anyone so openly, she had actually enjoyed it. Sure, it couldn't happen again, but it was nice to do for once. With a sigh she stood up, wobbling on her feet from the after-effects of the drink and her sleepiness. She had gone from sleeping two-thirds of the day to... well, she didn't know what this was. For a minute she wandered the room, running her fingers over everything as she did. There wasn't much, and she stumbled more than she would have liked. Eventually she gave up, going over to the porthole and throwing it open.

The fresh air helped to clear her head, yet it wasn't enough... Without thinking, she put her slippered foot up on the edge, then the other. It took a moment to balance herself in the opening, her feet dangling out, the ocean churning below her. She gripped the edge, not wanting to risk falling out, knowing she couldn't swim and would never survive.

---

Gerard forced down the tea, it wasn't the worst thing he had tasted but he struggled to keep it down. "Thanks." He muttered, a word he did not say often. Despite the effort he lifted his hand, patting her face lightly. "You've done what you can, lass. I'll be fine." Of course he would be fine, there was no way he was going to die when they just got the biggest haul of their career. He sighed deeply and scooted down into a slightly more comfortable position. He would just sleep it off.

He heard Clark come in, the captains booming voice a contrast to the nice voice of Ariel. "Aye, Captain, I'm still alive." He managed a hoarse laugh, "You ain't rid of me yet." It was hard to stay awake after that, his body was warm and the room was spinning. Only moments after closing his eyes he was in a restless sleep.