View Single Post
hilarbees
2122-6101-0161 - N3DS
Send a message via MSN to hilarbees

Old 01-25-2014, 03:16 AM

neller: I totally get where you're coming from and I really appreciate the advice! I will definitely keep that in mind going forward!! With these items, I was more concerned about texture than I was about light source!!! D: D: D: Oh well, I'm a lazy person... so we'll see if I ever get around to fixing them lol :/

**edit**

neller: again! Even though I just explained how I'm such a lazy artist, I decided to go ahead and work on the lighting issue. I know I have a lot more editing to do to get it right, but actually with this dress and to keep true to the idea I had, it was kind of difficult for me to figure out the way I wanted the lighting. I wanted it to have kind of an ethereal look to it, but I imagine the fabric being sort of like satin, so the light falls a little differently. I had trouble getting that idea down, too. All because I'm such a lazy artist, haha. I used to work at a fabric store, so I have tons of different kinds of fabric lying around, so it's not that I don't have the resources available... I'm just too lazy to work to get it right :P

Anyway, putting all that drolling aside, here's what I have done so far. Do you think I'm on the right track?

There are spots that still really irk me, but I'm working on them! Any tips or pointers though would be much appreciated!! :)

Last edited by hilarbees; 01-26-2014 at 04:36 AM..