View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 09-14-2016, 10:34 AM

Leila frowned, the school did have lights but she could hardly see them through the forest. Thankfully she could see okay in the dark, not as well as if she had transformed into something more suitable, but enough that they didn't bump into the trees they flew past. Not that it wasn't close, she scraped her arm on the rough bark of one as she cut it close, hoping she didn't also injure Raphael. "I think I see lights now." She called out to him, though she didn't sound all that confident. What if she was taking them the wrong way, getting them more and more lost in the forest and closer to whatever it was that had caused this frantic run to begin with?

If only she hadn't wanted to climb the tree, then they'd probably already be back at the school and safe. Again her stomach growled at her, the hunger growing more painful, and she wished she hadn't been so careless. It had to be quite late to be this dark. Gripping Raphael's hand tighter she continued on, whatever light they were heading towards was getting brighter, so hopefully it was the right one.

Luke watched as people came and went, he wondered if he had done a good job with his directions to Myriam. Though he didn't understand how she hadn't been here before, he had found this place in the first week of school and pretty much came here everyday. There wasn't much else to do for someone like him, so it was nice he had this place. When Myriam entered he smiled and stood up, glad she hadn't been so lost she couldn't find the place. "Don't worry, I haven't been waiting long."

Now where would they start? "I'm not sure if we should start with a book about pirates or a book about old coins..." He mumbled, then he wondered if they should use the computers first. Yet, where was the fun in that? Hopefully the books would have the answers. Sure she would follow him, Luke set off towards the older section of the library. He knew where everything was and quickly found the shelf he was looking for. Scanning the titles he found the collection of books on pirates, most of them old and yellowed and personal accounts from people in the past. "Let's start with these ones." It would be easier to just both go through them. He pulled seven books off the shelf, they were heavy but he tried to not let it show as he struggled to carry the stack to the nearby side table, flanked by two leather chairs. If they were going to be here awhile, they might as well get comfortable.

He grabbed one of the books from the stack and opened it up, hoping Myriam would enjoy this as much as he was going to.