View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 11-17-2016, 12:00 PM

Leila was quiet, was he right, should they tell someone? Would the teachers believe him or even care? She didn't know and she wasn't one for going to adults with her problems. Now that they were free from the forest, and safe, she didn't feel so terrified, didn't feel the danger she had... In fact she wanted to go back in, to find out what it was that chased them, what danger lurked there.

"Maybe they'll listen to you, but they wont believe me." That was truth, they didn't care for her here, why would they? She cut class, she didn't listen, she got into stuff. If it wasn't for the family money she would have been kicked out in her first year. Sitting up she scanned the tree line, looking for a clue, something... but the feeling of dread wasn't there, it was brighter, the birds sung, and no signs of whatever chase them lurked. "It didn't follow us, whatever it is, so maybe it can't. What if we were just imagining it all?" Even as she said the words she knew the answer, no imagination could make her so afraid. Something had chased them and they had been lucky to get away.

As she struggled to her feet her legs seemed to shake, exhausted from their run and her body begging for something. It had been too long since she ate, even without the running she would be feeling it. Everything seemed to spin and she steadied herself, gripping Raphael's shoulder. She used her free hand to frantically check her pockets, dismayed to find that the cookies she had stashed away much have fallen out while they ran. "I, uh..." She mumbled, not wanting to worry Raphael, but needing to get something to eat quickly. "I think we missed dinner." She said with a small, forced laugh. "Maybe we can get something..." She was all but swaying on her feet though, the tiredness and hunger catching up to her all at once.

---

Luke jumped when he heard Myriam's voice, he had nearly forgotten he was here with someone, so used to doing this alone. Setting his book down in his lap he turned to the one she held out to him. Maenad? It sounded familiar, Greek, so maybe they were on the right track. Quickly he scanned the page, it mentioned nothing of medusa or a gorgon, but the book was far closer than any he had read so far. "It's closer than I've gotten, they both from the Greek mythology, so maybe that book has more information. Does it mention more about where the coin came from, why it was made, or something like that?" He could have easily read it himself, but he didn't want to steal all the excitement from her. Well, if this was even exciting to her, to him it was thrilling, he loved discovering new information, finding what he was looking for. Of course most people would call him strange for that.

That gave him an idea though, he stood, "I've a few more books to grab..." He mumbled in a half-explanation as he hurried away. A few more books on Greek mythology might also be helpful, he didn't remember much about treasures or anything like that in there, but maybe. There were many books on the subject, he grabbed the largest ones of the group, hoping they'd contain something helpful. It didn't take him long, since he knew every shelf on this library just about, so he was back to the table with four new books in no time, adding to their already large pile.