View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-06-2014, 05:41 PM

"That's a shame, really. You can play totally ... awesome female commander in Mass Effect. Maybe check it out when you have a chance? The game has amazing story and character build-up!" Mikheil obviously swallowed something like 'badass' when he paused, feeling as if it could sound crude to a girl. Sure, she played video games, which was perhaps not as rare as gamers made it out to be, but still not entirely common, and some even bloodier than the ones he preferred, but still. Anna was a girl, he would treat her proper manners and respect.

Unbeknownst to him, all of this and more made him a true 'friendzone material', at least according to Internet. It came from still copying his brother, Davit, who always had been proper to ladies, but so insanely cool and impressive that all girls swooned for him. Only Mikheil wasn't 'cool' like that, never managed to be no matter how hard he tried. Perhaps 'tried' was keyword here, he wasn't a good actor, at least if it didn't concern hiding his own emotions some.

He was going to comment on Star Wars, say that he wasn't hater of new movies like most fans seemed to be and chat about it some more, but then he noticed she was looking around. Really, had he scared her off already? Or maybe he was just that plain and boring? Mikheil kept a straight face (or at least thought he did) and looked down at his nearly empty coffee mug. Was it what had left a bitter taste in his mouth? But moments later, Anna spoke up and suggested they moved to another table.

Mikheil looked at her surprised, not only because thought of joining someone else hadn't crossed her mind, but also because she was inviting him along. "Uh, sure," he agreed, not entirely sure what he was signing up for, but unwilling to let her slip away just like that. Then, his gaze shot towards poor guy who had gotten hit by spotlights, nearly literally in some sense. Croat's fingers entwined tightly around cup, as if it would offer some consolation and turned head away - Mikheil felt nearly embarrassed along with that guy and didn't want to look like laughing along.

But Anna seemed focused on something else and following her line of gaze, he stopped to look at someone who women certainly called 'super handsome' (Billy). He had been one of the clappers for sure and still looked smug and pleased. He was the kind to get all of the attention by just being in a room and flashing a smile. He could fall and turn it into a success, probably with a line like "oh, gorgeous, I lost my footing because of you" finishing it with a wink that just made girl melt right into his arms. Davit had been like that, only he wasn't a stuck-up jerk so even guys looked up to him. Then again, Mikheil still felt some envy towards this freckled model-material. He would try to stay out of his way, for sure.

When Anna thanked him, Mikheil shrugged awkwardly. "You're welcome? You gotta look really good to pull off such attitude without looking like loser, though... Besides, world just needs a little bit of everything for some balance, huh?" he laughed and didn't sound as bitter as he actually felt. Still, it was nice to know that least Anna didn't fall for such type right away. Who knew how long the resistance would last, however.

He looked back toward the guy who had broken plate and saw that short girl with boyish haircut was ushering him back towards buffet that he had fled from to fill up another plate and then towards table she had been sitting at with bunch of girls. Guy's shame was obviously melting away as he seemed to be drawn in talking about band whose logo was on his T-shirt and girl's smile certainly helped, too. Mikheil didn't miss that extremely pointed look Suzanna gave Billy, either. "Looks like she plans to give him a piece of her mind," he commented and then turned his attention fully towards Anna. "So, let's stay here or swoop on someone unsuspecting?" he inquired.

Evelin seemed like a nice girl. Troubled on some level, but nice. And when people could manage to be nice while nervous or unhappy, that was a big feat Suzanna certainly could appreciate. At her comment about sketchbook and tattoos, counselor looked up from page for moment. Ah, so she was interested in that also? How nice, then perhaps Evelin wouldn't be judgmental towards her profession. Some people were, and even extremely, although they followed strangest trends themselves. She found it funny, but also a bit annoying. Hopefully, Megumi had joined her in looking through drawings now. If not, Suzanna gave her another reassuring smile.

"I will bring it out in the evening, as we have about half an hour of breakfast time left. And yeah, I work as tattoo artist and creating new designs for my portfolio is kind of my hobby. Besides, some people want crazy things as tattoos, so I've got to practice drawing a lot of things to stay on top," she said with grin to Evelin. When she confessed to being stressed, mostly because she looked strange, Suzanna's eyes gained compassionate expression. "Hey, I think everyone has right to look how they want to, unless it's plain offensive. And that's the last thing your unique style could be called as, so don't worry. This camp is about being who you are, after all."

At this moment, she heard a plate shatter and looked in that direction, catching Billy starting to clap which many followed. Suzanna frowned - what did this guy think he was? Some kind of snobbish bully? He was counselor! He was supposed to help the boy, not make the situation ten times worse. For second, girl wondered just why he had applied for the position and even more - how he had ended up getting it. She would ask it for sure later on. And say a few things what she thought about people acting like that.

"Excuse me," she told both girls at table and stood up. Poor guy was retreating from buffet, looking for a broom to sweep shards up and Suzanna could bet that he planned to flee dinner hall right after. She would be just as bad counselor as Billy if she let that happen. In decisive manner, she walked over to him. "Let me help you with that," young woman said cheerily and mentally sighed in relief that he replied in clear English, albeit nearly stuttering from nervousness.

Soon after, remains of plate were gone and she had cleverly gotten his agreement to join her table for meal amid discussing female singers in Metal (as his T-shirt had Nightwish logo). As they were moving towards it, she looked at Billy with clearly disapproving, even sharp expression and shook her head slightly. Back at table, Suzanna settled down in her place and spoke with guy for a short while more until delicious food fully took up his attention. She looked at Megumi and Evelin, hoping they would understand why she brought him along.

~ p o p p e t ♥, Queen_Andais, star2000shadow, Eastriel are absolutely amazing ~

Last edited by sadrain; 02-06-2014 at 07:06 PM..