View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 02-16-2014, 03:01 AM

At first Amory did not note the touch of a warning in the other's words, but as he sat there and adjusted the cuffed sleeves of his buttoned shirt, he slowly digested the words. The last songbird disappeared... Not really a surprise in these parts, but what's this guy's point? Eyebrows furrowing just a tad to display his mixture of confusion and newfound hesitation towards the man, he ceased fidgeting for a moment to again look over at him. Him and those cold, mismatched eyes, with their odd coloring. A little shiver rolled down his spine as his eye contact suddenly broke with his again, his aquamarine gaze instead moving with uncertainty down to the pair of freshly-shined shoes on his feet. They were his normal stage shoes, but something about them was so pristine tonight that they made him uncomfortable. He flexed his toes as he stared down at them thoughtfully. "Yah, don' worry about it. With the crowd it's hard to think, let alone catch a smoke." He spoke with a grin, lifting his gaze again as he was offered a smoke. Shaking his head once, he denied it. Amory never had caught on to that habit, even as popular as it was. Can't go about ruining the only thing he's got to make his living.

"Ya got me, there." He admitted after the other pegged that he didn't want to hurt his voice, letting out a small, somewhat musical laugh and allowing himself to relax a bit again. Has a weird way of talkin', and there's something unsettling in his eyes, but he hasn't done me nothin'. Probably just another new guy. He guessed, from the odd way his suit fit, and by the fact that he didn't recall meeting him before. "Hey, thanks, you have a good one," he replied with a small smile as the other left, but something else caught his attention. He felt the tingle of the other's fingertips brushing his jaw, bringing his attention directly to them for a few short seconds.

After he passed and had walked out, Amory sat still there for a few moments. Clearing his throat a little, he rose one of his hands to brush his cheek where the other's fingertips had brushed it. He knew it to be an accident- or that was how he comprehended it - but it stilled and calmed him for the moment. He heard the announcer's voice rise from the stage beyond his door once more, and he broke from the momentary trance to stand to put his jacket on again. Adjusting and buttoning it, he hummed a little bit of the song the band had just begun to play, his thoughts lulling over where he should be sitting out there. He would just have to find the Don. He would want me nearby, so that'd make sense anyways. Looking into his mirror for a moment to fix a strand of hair, he headed back out past the stage at a brisk walk, not even noting the presence of Sam there as he scanned the crowd for Don Carpi.