View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:30 AM

Regardless of how many Dons he had met and had to exchange pleasantries with, each was a new experience that always put Amory just a bit on edge. He knew all to well that they truly held all of the power, and he was merely one of the many heads feeding from their hands. In this instance, Carpi's, though he did know to show them all respect. He just tended towards adding a bit of a better finesse to the words he exchanged with his own Don; better to let them feel that they hold a better sense of loyalty and respect with him. Even so, he felt as though he was still learning the ropes in circumstances like these. "Thank you, sir. I'm looking to have one more set after the doll currently in charge," he replied casually, referring to the young lady that was presently singing on stage. The crowd didn't seem to hesitate to speak over her voice some, a hum among the room that was not present during his own performance. Amory didn't pay particular attention to this, however, he instead glanced up at her for a moment to clear his thoughts, and found that he did find her voice enjoyable, to an extent. The song was just not speaking to him. Shrugging it off a bit, he let his full attention drift back to the table's talk, and the compliment Carpi dealt him.

"More than happy to oblige," he responded humbly to compliment, smiling once more as he took a look about the table to maintain the eye contact he was being paid. Seems the deal went down smoothly, everyone here seems in good spirits. He noted, finding some measure of relief in that. His attention next turned to the other Don's words, but his wife seemed to have other ideas. She did not seem to be following the conversation, to say the least. Amory was unsure of why she would choose to do this while sitting beside her husband, but he found it unappealing and unnecessary. Yet, he knew better than to be rude. He caught eye contact with her, and allowed one side of his mouth to tweak up just the slightest bit, as if he had enjoyed the little display. This, of course, in the subtlest way he could manage, so as not to draw attention to himself from the Dons. Their eyes are still all on Carpi... Safe. He decided, then allowing his facial expression to become blank once more as the others exchanged thoughts on his performance and what should be done with him next. I am a bit of a sideshow here, but so long as I can balance their attention, this is going smoothly.

After a bit more of the Dons' intermingling, the woman on stage had finished another two songs and left with a short goodbye to the crowd. Amory picked up on this and stood, kindly excusing himself and thanking the group for their praise, particularly Carpi, then proceeded to head on up to the stage as the same stagehand hopped back up to re-introduce him for what would be the last time that night. Amory smoothly hopped up onto the stage from the side as he finished and exited, leaving him in the darkness of the stage of another musical number began.

This one began in a more up-beat manner, with Amory snapping along to the first few moments, earning some happy calls from the crowd and leading him into smiling slyly. This was the attitude befitting the next number of his, a song meant for dancing along with as he began with a higher, yet louder tone.

Quote:
"Blue skies/
Smiling at me/
Nothing but blue skies/
Do I see..."
( Ella Fitzgerald - Blue Skies Lyrics )