View Single Post
Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Shadow and Ice.
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 02-18-2014, 02:15 AM

Sam was half way through his sandwich when he saw Amory pass by the window, so his songbird was going to work now? good. grabbing up the paper under the sandwich he wrapped it up as he dashed out the door and to the other side of the street. To any one it would only look like a man late getting to work, someone that had just noticed the time. carefully he shadowed Amory through the streets only ones to stop quickly and buy a bunch of Tulips and violets with one single rose in the middle of it. taking the scrap of paper the lady offered him he scribed a quick note on it. 'my your day bring you joy. Your Angel' it was simple and sweet. no one would think that a man had sent these and this was his ticket to get into the speak easy early. maybe he should try for a stage hand to make sure that Amory was safe. shaking his head he hurried to catch up so he was again acrossed the street from Amory.

when they reached the speak easy Sam smiled, he knew how he was going to be able to keep track of him and not worry about being to busy to save him. it would only take a few dimes to get access and after a time no one would really thing about him being up there. without realizing he had made the job for himself last night. turning at the drugstore before going down the back alley to the stage door he changed his wrinkled jacket for the shirt and vest with coat he had left there the night before. the slaks were not that bad and no one would really think that there was something wrong with a man of his apparent means wearing dress slacks that were a bit ratty looking. knocking on the door he waited for some one to open it. when the stage hand did he held the flowers just high enough that his eyes were not that noticeable. "flowers for a.." fumbling with his coat pocket he pulled out a small pad of paper. "an Amory. where would you like them?" the stage hand seemed a bit flustered at this.

"umm." he said trying to look around the flowers at Sams face. "well I guess you can bring them in to his dressing room." He sounded uncertain about it but held the door open wide for Sam to walk through.

"Which way?" he moved to go the opposite way of Amory's room, this stage hand would only remember a delivery man who was to pushy. he would not recall the man behind the flowers.

"NO not that way, this way." grabbing Sam's elbow the stage hand turned him around and pointed him in the right direction. "its the third door but then his name is on it so don't miss it and don't hang around to gawk at the dance girls." he said sternly as he pushed Sam forward. pretending to stumble a little bit Sam smiled. He would have to be careful who he talked to each day or they were going to remember that he came but never left. but that was for another day to worry about. walking down the Hall he paused to watch Amory through the stage opening as he talked to two other men. so he had not yet made it into the dressing room, good, these would be a nice surprise for him to come into.

As he stepped into the dressing room he almost got run over by one of the ladys that ran the costume department. "Damn you clumsy man!" her screech could be heard through out the whole building as she turned back to the stage manager, who also was coming from Amory's dressing room. "I don't care where you found it I have had enough of this! that had was 13 dollars, do you get that 13! I don't have the money to replace what your stupid stage hands did to it, do you?"

"no Aneta, what do you want me to do?" to Sam the man sounded like he was near the end of his rope with this woman.

"Oh I don't know, tell them to keep their grimy paws off the clothes!" again she ended it in near to a shriek. "I am tired of having to tell the Don why I cant dress the men as well as the ladies. you would think he would understand that with as many sticky fingered men in here that nothing will stay where it needs to be." Sam raised his eyebrow as he found a vase to put the flowers while listening in on this discussion going on outside the dressing room door.

"you know I cant stop them from getting into that room, your girls take them back there all the time." he sounded a bit put out by her demands. "what would you like me to do? Hire a wardrobe master to take care of the men?"

"Yes! exactly! that would be lovely." her hands fluttered all over the air as she talked. A wardrobe master, now there's a thought.

"And where am I to find one of those when all the Don's have grabbed the good ones up?" quickly pulling off his jacket Sam straiten his vest and pulled his tie from his pocket from the night before. maybe not the best first look but if he could get the man to believe him then he would have a job close to Amory, no one would question weather he had a right to be there or not. finishing the final touch on he look he pulled a comb though his hair and stepped forward.

"I can work a Wardrobe," he had transformed from the man they passed by to a young eager young gent that looked the part if a bit shabby. the Stage manager looked him over and then raised an eyebrow to Aneta.

"We will see if he will do." she said quietly and then waved a hand towards her domain.