View Single Post
Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 02-24-2013, 11:50 PM

"Damn bloody cheek." Barnabas muttered under his breath. He had followed the Captain into her stateroom - if one could call it that, as it was bare and so damn small. Barnabas wondered how she could manage to live in such conditions. Wasn't she the Captain of a starship? Couldn't she afford some luxuries for herself?

"It's certainly not a ship I'm used to." he said towards the Captain "I'll be sure that my men and I are fully acquainted with it by the end of the voyage." He looked her up and down, twice, before walking around the room and back to his spot by the door. "I assure you though, I have no intention to take over the command of your ship. My dealings are with the cargo. Your ship is your business. That being said, my steward informed me that you are lack for a strong crew. I offer the service of my men. You will find them to be able, and willing to follow commands."

He had trained most of the men himself. They were all brothers at arms and had fought many a skirmish together. He owed his life to a few of those men.

Padraig Delaney, the only red haired man in the group, had been fighting with Barnabas since they were both teens. Padraig was his second in command, the men knew they could trust orders from him. Perhaps he could get his old friend to deal with this woman. Paddy did always have a way with women... Though, with Paddy's tale, broad stature and brooding attitude, he probably would not be taken seriously by this Captain.

There was also Lukas Albrecht. The slender blond man, although shy, knew how to impress women with words. The intellectual type - Albrecht was practically part computer. He had been on several recon missions with Barnabas and the two had become close friends. They two easily found themselves in debate with business news - Albrecht was the son of another wealthy "Planeteer" (as the group called themselves).

He wondered which of them the Captain would trust the most. Paddy had come from poor beginnings, so maybe the two could bond over that? Albrecht could probably tell the Captain everything about her own ship, even things she herself didn't know. Barnabas himself could... what? Hope his easy-going charms would get through to her? No, this woman was about as soft and fluffy as a brick.

He studied the woman a bit more intently than he meant to. Her outfit seemed to mock him and everything he stood for. Her coat - clearly having belonged to one in his ranks - was torn and battered. He wondered how she had acquired it... "How did you come by that coat, Captain?" He said, rubbing the faint, brown stubble on his chin - in his rush he had forgotten to shave this morning.