View Single Post
AGhost
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-28-2013, 06:51 PM

Damn the man was slow- especially considering the fact that he had twice the leg she did.

How did these men ever survive in battle if they couldn't move quickly? Step on them?

Back in the shuttle bay, Capt. Ghost was glad to see that the men had some form of military bearing. Standing at attention, she was happy to see that she had enough beds for the lot of them. With some grace, she inclined her head to Andrew, taking the duty roster.

"I'll be happy to assign them to a duty roster immediately, perhaps they might serve some use... somewhere." Her voice was clipped, and her accent educated. It was neither the posh accent of Barnabas, nor her own- which sounded more like Padraig's, and would likely get her laughed out of any formal setting.

As Albrecht stepped forward and took her hand, she assumed it was to shake. When he kissed it instead, a deep frown crossed her lips.

Of course, at least he was pleasant. When Padraig spoke, she was back home, breaking one of the older boy's noses for daring to insult her.

Her dark eyes flashed angrily and narrowed at both the Major, and then his men in turn.

"I see. It seems the Major has had an awful lot to say about me." She growled, before turning her back on the men.

"If you don't keep up with me men, you are going to have an awful hard time on this ship not knowing where the head, racks, and mess are. If you get one lesson through your damned thick skulls, it better be this: I do not repeat myself."

"Master Bullex, Master Sardin, get this cargo below decks and secured! We will be out with the tides!"

"Yes Ma'am!" Both men who had been managing the shuttle bay and watching over the exchange snapped to attention and got to work. They could tell the Captain was in no mood to be trifled with.

Moving forward, she barely slowed her speed for the gaggle of men that followed behind her, turning left and heading down the narrow passage, stopping at a closed door on the left.

"On the left is our mess. Meals are served at eight am, noon, and six pm. If you miss a meal, you will not eat. No food is to leave the mess. You bring your mess kit in, you eat, you leave."

She continued down to the hall, coming to a stop to the next door, this one on the right.

"The head and showers are on the right. They are co-ed, and if there are any problems, you will be disciplined. We are adults gentlemen, and if you cannot act accordingly, you better get the hell out off of my ship." She continued again, down to another steep set of stairs.

Once again she grabbed either handle and slid down them, her feet never touching the stairs. Another turn, another set of steps, and she was faced with a door. She swung it open and stepped in, revealing the strung up sleep pods- one for every man, close together and cramped.

"And this, gentleman, is where you will be sleeping for our duration." She turned for the first time since the beginning of the tour, and crossed her arms.

"Any questions?"