Thread: Say I Do, Alibi
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-14-2014, 05:52 AM

Hino pulled at the damp white tips of her orange ponytail as she walked. The sky opened in unhindered blue above her, but her tan jacket and hair were soaked through. Not five minutes earlier, some kid had the gall to aim a hose at her as she snuck through the back alleys. She had been on the way back from meeting with a black market client who wanted a very specific something stolen--at a very good price. It wasn't something Hino could pass up and even being wet didn't drop her mood.

As she neared the bar she owned and lodged above, she saw two detectives standing outside the door. Spotting her, one of them turned. "Hello again Miss Dellise, or should I call you The Fox?" he asked with a cheeky smile. She leaned her hip against the brick wall, only feeling encouraged by the moniker the law men had given her. They all knew she was a thief by night, but she was as clever as the fox she looked like. Nothing would ever stick. The officer had a bad glint in his eye though. "Would you happen to know about a missing collection of black opals?"

Hino's eyes went wide, but she hid the reaction a second later. She just learned about the black opals herself. Twenty minutes after being offered the job and the police were already onto her? This was impossible. They weren't even stolen yet. That meant...someone got to them first. Him. She crossed paths with another thief from time to time and he was always in the way. Stealing her marks, one upping her biggest score, and every other sort of evil. Her rival had to be at fault here and she'd be damned if she went down for his crime.

"I'm sorry officers. I don't break the law. Now you'll have to excuse me, the bar opens in an hour." With that, she pushed past the officers and disappeared into the building. She dialed the local fence first thing. "Hey Bobby, I need you to set me up with that prick of a thief...you know who. Send him to the bar."

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 02-15-2015 at 05:47 PM..