Thread: Say I Do, Alibi
View Single Post
Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 12-18-2014, 06:27 PM

Oblivious to the outside world besides what flashed across his multiple screens, that 'prick of a thief' James Elliot Johansen, surveyed the net whispers for any signs of a mark. His long legs were stretched out, feet propped on the desk, as he reclined back in the plush office chair. The whispers were unusually quiet lately, which was fine as he had a rather large 'retirement plan' already in place, life was just rather boring without the thrill of the hunt. Dark green eyes widened as the silence suddenly exploded with chatter. Some black opals had been revealed, really nice expensive things that would heft a meaty price on the black market. Before he could even begin to track their location down, the police bulletin he tracked started alerting of them being missing, 'the fox' was to be questioned.

He scowled, 'the fox' never beat him to a mark that he targeted, he always got first notification of any marks that might be of interest. How in the world did she get the news before it hit anywhere in his nets web? His brooding thoughts were interrupted by the catchy jingle of a video game tune that was his cell phone going off. A notification of an incoming call popped up on his screen as well to notify him of the caller. He smirked and tapped his earpiece answering the call.

"Yo Bobby, my man! Whatcha got for me? Uh huh... The fox wants to see me huh?" What's she want? "This wouldn't happen to be about some black opals would it?" That will throw her off! "Yeah sure, sure. I'll come see her, but she best have a drink poured for me from that bar of hers."

He switched the computers to his specially designed hibernate mode that prevented any hacking and set up an alarm system and stood, picking up his cell as he did so. "Yeah thanks Bobby. You're always the best. Catch ya later." He ended the call by tapping his earpiece again as he moved to the window. Drawing the blinds he looked down at the streets below. The fox didn't even know he lived a block from her bar.

Elliot (as he was known to most) nibbled his lip, a sense of dread in his belly. He wanted the fox to be calling him out in order to brag that she had beaten him to a mark... as much as that would annoy him. Yet there were red flags all over this one. Marks didn't appear and than be hit in the same minute. Things like that just didn't happen. There was always some whispers before hand.

Making a decision he activated the walker radar on his phone that would continue to bring him information on the go and prepped to leave; grabbing an umbrella as an afterthought. It was one of the ones that could be used as a billy club when it was closed, and short enough to not be an encumbrance.

Time to see the fox.

Last edited by Shadami; 12-18-2014 at 06:29 PM..