Thread: Say I Do, Alibi
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-06-2015, 03:57 AM

Hino knocked back her shot a second later and savored the burn. As much as she'd love to settle down with that bottle for the night, she would rather stay sharp. "No, I didn't," she whispered. She hated to admit she lost a mark yet again, but she couldn't pretend at pride at this point. "And...you didn't." For a second, a vengeful look twisted her full lips. Someone was going to pay for this. She would tear down this criminals entire empire and steal their every cent. "But between me and you, I think we can get our payback. Don't you think?"

A second later, she'd plastered her face back into it's usual confident and coy look. She nodded her head once. "James it is then. Be right back, babe." She pushed her way into the backroom and let herself breathe before going to a small desk in the corner that looked forgotten as anything but a storage shelf. No key existed for the locked drawer by her design. She just pulled her lock pick tools from out of one boot and popped the drawer open. In the back corner lay a little grey-brown box. She dusted it off and stared before tucking it into her jacket pocket. The ring that lay inside looked modest compared to the bright things you'd expect from a master thief, but then, this thing wasn't stolen.

Hino slipped back into the front of the bar and smiled at James. With the grace of someone in their profession, she grabbed his hand in a tender gesture, passing over the box in the same movement. "Oh James, wasn't there a reason you surprised me here today?"