View Single Post
Zakuro
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Zakuro Send a message via MSN to Zakuro

Old 05-18-2007, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellendar
However the big winner for me would have to be David Eddings. Most people I speak to that have read him prefer his Belgariad(sp) series. Personally as much as I enjoyed those, the winner goes to The Elenium and The Tamuli By the end of ther series the charechters were so well fleshed out and felt so real that I swear they could have hopped out of the books and survived in a little coven in northern Ireland just fine. Yep it's another fantasy series, but with awsome charechters and a bit of a suitiably darker feeling, and everyone seems so human in the series. You don't get the feeling that any one charechter is more than human, and indestrutable. I didn't get the feeling that charechter x, y, or z was immune from danger through plot device, logically they are, but it does not give the feeling as such. The charechters are badass, but still human, still emotional, still alive.
The Elenium and The Tamuli are my favorite books as well and have been since I was nine years old. I'm glad to see another fan on here.