View Single Post
Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕❀

Old 11-10-2012, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatake Ayumi View Post
My first event was a Celes Paradi event. xD

Haha I'm a bit of a Libertarian if I got myself pegged right. Socially liberal, economically responsible. I'm in favor of Social Security being ended asap and limiting some unemployment benefits (my unemployed roommate takes advantage of things waaay too much and it makes me a bit sick that I'm losing 25% of my income at the age of 19 years to pay for a few large and costly programs that I don't agree with and partially to people like my unemployed roommate who is 33 years old and has been unemployed for years and is not actively seeking work or otherwise being a good citizen)
Gah. Rant.
I can understand where you're coming from. Sometimes I think it's good that we have these programs, but at the same time far too many people just milk those programs to the ground and desire to do nothing for their own support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
I thought I was a left-leaning moderate until I learned more, then discovered that I was very fiercely liberal on just about everything but guns. I'm fine with people having guns, I don't particularly want them outlawed. It'd be great, though, if people who had been deemed "a threat to themselves and others" weren't allowed to buy guns. (See Virginia Tech shooting) Just some better restrictions to keep them out of the hands of people who are known to be dangerous. Joe Schmoe wants to buy one? Fine by me.
I don't have a problem with people owning guns either. It's a very double-edged thing. Some people say that guns should be outlawed because of thugs and/or those threat to themselves or others types, but at the same time there are folks who carry their guns around for protection from those very people. The way I see it, even if guns were outlawed, the wrong people will still find a way to get their hands on a gun and then renders the gun ban moot.