Thread: The Artifice
View Single Post
keysburger
Like a Cheeseburger but not

Old 12-05-2011, 07:13 AM

"I see." Mike tried to think of another question, but he had grown tired of the charade. Anyway, since now they were in the mysteriously new park, he could ask the question he wanted to. The park was almost impossibly beautiful. There were glowing flowers that Mike had no knowledge of their existence. The trees branches twisted almost whimsically, and the stone table in the center was ornately carved with celtic patterns Mike had never seen before. His overly polite and "professional" mannerisms dropped as he set the chinese food down on the abnormally otnate table.

"All right. I'm going to be completely honest. I'm no agent for the government conducting interviews, and no, before you ask, this is not my attempt at picking you up. This is going to sound crazy, and maybe I've lost it, but I need to know if you have heard any voices in your head telling you "this is a game." I know it sounds crazy, but I have, and I got a feeling you're involved too. JUst let me know if I've completely lost you here." Mike waited anxiously for a reply. In the back of his mind, he was humiliated. However, if someone were really playing a game with their heads, humiliation was the least of his worries.