View Single Post
Emilio
Newbie Helper
NPC

Old 12-22-2018, 07:37 PM

There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prize for each category! The prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are as follows:
  • 1st Place: 2 EIs of your choice from any FOWN event 3000g
  • 2nd Place: 1 EI of your choice from any FOWN event 1500g
  • 3rd Place: 500g

Q. What criteria are the entries being judged on?
A. For edible entries, I am looking at sentimentality (Is this a family recipe? Does it remind you of your nan, or a special memory? I love that stuff! ), how yummy I imagine it tasting (you won't fail for accidentally using an ingredient I don't personally like), and overall presentation (both staging and the food itself). For crafts: creativity, technique, results (if you attempt something really difficult I'll take that into consideration when judging the final product).

Q. All I have is my phone camera. How important is photo quality to you?
A. While entries aren't being judged on photo quality directly, since I can't actually taste the food the visuals do matter. I am not going to be picky about image resolution but a nicely staged photo will have an edge over a similar quality dish with a careless photo. (eg, Don't set your plate of beautiful, yummy food on a dirty floor next to a pair of sneakers to take your pic.)

Q. Does my entry need to be "Christmassy" in order to win?
A. Not at all. Whatever seasonal means to you is just fine with me. :) Feel free to add comments to your entries to explain anything you feel concerned about.

Q. I'm not the best cook, should I enter anyway?
A. Go for it! I love to see any and all creations - it's especially neat to share holiday foods because so many of them have personal relevance to the chef. :)

Last edited by Emilio; 12-22-2018 at 08:29 PM..