View Single Post
CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-03-2007, 12:00 PM

@Leek - Mwoops. I have a bad habit of assuming people live in the USA when I'm online, unless they use words/spellings/phrases that strike me as "not from America". XD; My bad. >_>

But it's totally worth poking the MP every few hours for. ;3

@Miyu: I actually probably wouldn't buy anything from Gaia Online at all... But the cat plushie thing seemed like a nice extra value (and is too, too cute) - and this way I could get MIs without having to do any more online money transactions than I have to. XD

I think I know why they went through Target, though (and RiteAid). Those two stores are national chains. If someone sees a card with cute, colorful drawings on it and invites you to buy the card to use online, you may not buy the card, but you might check out the website.

Also, I'm pretty certain Target and RiteAid bought into the program - meaning they're paying Gaia for the privilage of buying the cards (because it's advertising for them too). Target just paid more and thus got the special Target-only item. (Meaning people go to these places to buy the card. And probably will pick up other items while they're there.)

Money-making. ::rambles on and on:: Sorry - I'm a Public Relations major, which means I got a lot of foundation in Advertising too. @_@; These are also my guesses, not my knowledge of Gaia's business plan. :B

I really love the plushies too. I'm waiting for a verdict on the "Evolving" items. I'll have to see what they evolve into. (I also like "Smashing Cities" because it's very funny.)