View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 07-15-2014, 06:13 AM

“That’s right.” The girl had caught Adin’s attention. She was strange, but after she started speaking something seemed almost familiar about her. He pushed the notion aside. There was no way he knew this woman, was there? They had just met, he was sure of it.

He watched her curiously. “There are many reasons why they would.” His comment to her question was casual. While she continued to he took a sip of his own tea.

“None that I know of, but who knows?” Her next question seemed strange, but the male decided to play along. “Knowledge, but possibly both.” After a few moments what she was doing reminded him of a game he used to play when he was young. How nostalgic. “I think the girl is in a strange city because she needed change and she just happened to run into someone famous.” Grins slightly at her.

“Though what is the boy doing in the city? Is he really here for a concert or is he trying to hide?” Adin’s eyes met Sarah’s as he waited for her answer. “What lies ahead, adventure or fate?”

-------------------------

The woman watched Cain as he continued and took another step towards her. She stood her ground, unwavering. At this point she was being stubborn and foolish. All of her instincts told her that he was dangerous and if she dared to push him she might end up in bad shape. Never the less she wasn’t about to back away from him or to show him just how uncertain and afraid she felt at this moment.

“So they say. Besides I didn’t say that everything was on a single server or confined to a single building. To think so would be naïve and foolish.” An annoyed look crossed her features. Staring up at him she could feel the hatred in his cold gaze. Odessa didn’t think it was directed towards her, but towards the government. This seemed interesting, she’d have to tuck away this bit of knowledge for later.

Anger flared in her golden eyes as she continued to gaze up at Cain. “There is no reason for me not to be in the system.” Her words were cold. She was through talking about this. This topic needed to be dropped.

“Of course they are going to say they don’t have glitches. It’s the government, they wouldn’t want people to know about the glitches.” Her words rang all to true in her mind. The government didn’t like glitches. If they had their way about it she’d be dead right now. She was lucky to still be alive.

Her eyes followed Cain as she stepped back. She wondered if he had noticed her discomfort, her wariness, and her fear of this topic.

A hint of fear shone in Odessa’s eyes momentarily when Cain changed the topic. He was now making fun of her, trying to push her again. “You’re a real ass sometimes Cain. As for me following you here, whatever. I can take care of myself. The intimidation tactics were a nice touch though, you should try them on a different Pyrate though.” Her words were filled with anger as she spoke. How dare he treat her this way. She wouldn’t deny that it was foolish to follow him to his home, but she needed to get him to stop searching for information on her.

Cain moved away and seemed to be doing something. Curious she watched him as he injected a strange liquid into his arm. She didn’t question him about it, just observed him. He nearly knocked her down when he brushed past her to get to a chair. The man seemed unsure, but she could have been wrong. Still feeling annoyed she turned to leave. Their conversation about her existence was over as far as she was concerned.

“I’m only going to tell you this once Cain. Stop looking for me in the system. Whether I’m there or not, whether it’s a glitch or not doesn’t matter. Nothing good ever comes for searching for a glitch. If you don’t stop looking you better be ready to face the consequences.” Her voice was stern with a hint of hatred. The woman turned and headed for the door. It was time to leave.