View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 01-18-2015, 04:30 AM

((Should we move Adin and Sarah on to the next day? This post will probably the last one before the next day for Odessa.))

Normally Odessa wouldn’t be so easy to provoke, but right before she had met Cain she had a close call with the government. It was something that still haunted her just like the day when she had no choice, but to run away. Her conscious yelled at her to just leave, don’t let him push, just let him do as he pleased. Even though she hated to admit it, she was frightened and what was worse is that Cain knew it.

The woman let him talk. Still fighting with herself and what she should do. “Shut up! Just shut up.” Her tone grew angrier, her body trembling slightly. The man was still pushing her and she was revealing the one thing that frightened her. The one secret that she held that no one was supposed to know. The one thing she had to keep hidden at all costs if she wanted to live. “I discourage it because there is nothing there to find. That is all there is to it Cain.”

Still the man continued on, giving her the reason she should stay all while making it clear it was indeed unwise for her to stay. Odessa felt herself freeze as she stared at the hovering screen and the information or lack of information that he had brought up. It was the same. The gaps were almost the exact same. Before the woman could say anything he was speaking again, dismissing what she was about to say.

A few minutes passed by as she calmed and recomposed herself. “It’s good that you don’t wish to destroy my anonymity because you might regret it. As it stands you’ll do whatever you want no matter what I say. It is curious that there are so many similarities. Though are you trying to say that you are a glitch within the system? If so then that is interesting my dear Cain. So mean of you to push me and then try to appeal to my curiosity.” Finally Odessa was sounding more like the proud pyrate she was. She even quirked a grin at him.

Her eyes never left him the entire time. “Just know that if I do choose to leave it’s not because I’m running away. It’s because there is no trust between us as such a thing would be foolish on my part.” Yes, she had regained her pyrate mask that had been washed away by his actions. It wasn’t until she turned to leave that she realized how close she was standing to Cain, basically right beside him. When had she moved that far into the room? “We will meet again soon I’m sure Cain my dear.” A smirk played on her lips. He had given her another reason to stick around for a while.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 01-18-2015 at 05:10 AM..