View Single Post
Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-30-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviouslyAya View Post
I don't think I'll go this weekend, but maybe I'll make time to go Monday!
I love curling up in bed with a book. I usually read until I drop or the book is done

I did start watching the one on Netflix, which is pretty good and similar to the live
Farquaad is hilarious!! And the singing / dancing was fantastic. I love musicals

Samee - prime example? Harry Potter. Dad went out at midnight to get me Goblet of Fire and it was probably 1am or so by the time he got back. I picked up that book and I was reading it until the sun came up. My Mom woke up and found me reading and literally took the book from me and sent me to bed. I was so mad. I finished it the next day. Then she was mad. xD;

Me too! I'm a total sucker for musicals - I go to every touring show I can get my hands on! One of my all-time favorites was The Addams Family, which I saw a year or two ago - I was so sad when I just found out that it stopped touring in May of last year. I wanted to see it a second time!! :(

I also loved Wicked and Mamma Mia - I saw Phantom of the Opera live on Broadway back in like, '05 or '06? I graduated in '10 and it was either middle school's summer or the summer after my first year of high school so it was something like that lol But anyways - I had been obsessed with the movie (I still watch it all the time) and so I went with a friend to NYC and we went and saw it with her parents, and omg. It was brilliant. Except for the chandelier. They didn't crash it!! It just gently swayed down. And then they hoisted it back up in intermission and as soon as they came back they commented on the new chandelier. It was mad. I WANTED THE CRASHING DARN IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iltu View Post
Eeep, sorry I missed so much activity in here, y'all! I went camping and we got back a lot later in the day than I was told we'd be getting back.

That was the goal! I'm delighted people know the reference! I mean, it's not like it's obscure at all, but still!

Do you still read comics? I'm just getting into them myself! I read a lot of manga in high school, and have always kept up with quite a few webcomics, but I've recently been making the foray into printed Western comics. I love most of what I've read so far!
That's okay! Hope you had fun camping!! :D

Hehe Yayyy! I heard it in my head, continued playing the scene, and then sang the song in my head. xD I'm seriously too obsessed with that movie. No joke. <3

And yeah - although it's not obscure there are shockingly people who don't really know Disney!! I die when I hear it and vow to submerge them in Disney.. *cough* Amane *cough*

Ahh! What manga were you interested in! I'm a huge Manga/Anime fan myself!! :D

Minty - Did you only read comics or did you read Manga at all? I've never read comics (though I'm a huge fan of Batman and the Green Lantern) but I have read manga!

---------- Post added 08-30-2015 at 01:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZombiePotatoe View Post
No they're not, especially when you're late for lectures and have to make your way through crowds of other students
I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!! The struggle is real... I'm well versed in it...