View Single Post
Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you know?"

Old 12-10-2013, 03:39 AM

The past is a completely different animal. We're different now - we are perfection.

It's strange, thinking back. All those years ago, humanity had to struggle. They fought to create jobs, to look the way they wanted, to find the lives they dreamed of. It's different now. We are given everything the moment we come of age. Why? They say it's our reward. It's what we are given if we are good people.

When you turn 18, you choose a new life. A new face, a new person, a new job or future ... you become the person you always dreamed of becoming.

The government puts you through the choosing process and provides an avatar - your surrogate body. You live a peaceful, wonderful dreamy life for the rest of your days. Sound boring?

It won't be boring forever. There is something happening with the surrogates. There are whispers of a virus. There's talk of betrayal, and governmental failure. Still, they keep us happy. They keep us in our avatars as often as possible, trying to cover up this little blip in our existence. Maybe there's nothing to worry about, anyway.

Intro and Other Info

Welcome!

This story has taken concepts from the movie Surrogates, and Avatar, Uglies/Pretties/Specials, and various other bits of inspiration. I took a thread from many years ago and revamped it for us to play with. :)

Feel free to suggest things for the story and plot!

Quote:

There are three main classifications of Surrogate/Avatar:

Uni

Beautiful, stunning, and all around attractive individuals. There are downfalls to their “higher class,” though. Unable to withstand a punch, they are weak, and are not meant for much action beyond everyday life and a few parties. Though absolutely gorgeous, they need to be “recharged” every 12 hours in their “docking stations.”

They are treated as royalty, and often get everything they want.

Pyrate

Meant for physical contact and usually involved in battle, these avatars are as fit as someone could possibly get. Used in war, sports, and anything rigorous, they are some of the toughest of their kind. You could hit them with a train and they would keep going. Known for their endurance and ability to withstand damage, this kind of Surrogate is a fighter.

Hatter

The third type of avatar is one that is advanced with job pursuits and designs software, someone good with computers and other machines. Usually a mechanic comes from this field, and is typically a worker of any sort. Businessmen, bartenders, or anyone else from a working class is usually thrown into this category.

Children

as of yet, have no Surrogates. Raised with a group of other children, they need to reach the age of 18 before they are allowed to control an avatar of their own.

Others

This is where you fall if you don't have one of the categories above. ;)

The only limitations I will put on the “machines” are these:

-No child avatars
-A male must be matched with a male avatar, a woman must be presented as a female. Basically, no switching genders; if you’re a guy, you’re a guy machine.

The Scenery:

More of a modern day setting, or so it feels. Everything is created for convenience, and you will likely be enjoying your time in your new body. It might take some getting used to!

All avatars must be recharged after use, repaired after damage, and controlled by a human. Every ID can be traced back to the “user,” and every user is limited to 1 surrogate of the same gender.

The Profiles:

Fill in the sheet below and PM it to me when you’re done! Remember that you can make them look however you want. ^_- Copy the text below and make your own.

Code:
My Puppeteer: (Username) 
I want to be called: (Character Name)
I am (Age) years old
Did you look at me? I'm a (Gender) 
Classification: (Type of avatar)
What do I see when I look in the mirror? 
(picture or really good description of HUMAN form, not avatar)
How I choose to look: 
(avatar’s picture or description)
What happened in my life: (Biography; doesn’t have to be extremely complicated) 
I think of myself as: (Personality) 
I can’t stand: (2 or more dislikes) 
My favorite things in the world: (2 or more likes)
Posting Color:

Last edited by Esmme; 12-14-2013 at 01:54 AM..