View Single Post
Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you know?"

Old 01-27-2014, 03:15 AM

Isa's blue eyes lingered on the Pyrate, and she slowly uncrossed her arms. She'd already gathered a few of the items, and was glad to see that the male she'd run in to was also aiding in the process of collecting the scattered oddments.

"You could have been ... more ... attentive." Isa's fiery words lost their spitfire as she finished collecting what she could. The Hatter sighed, and was about to say something else when she was pulled under the awning. "I guess we should. These items are worth more than my house."

Taking them from the male, Isa scowled. Her damp clothing was starting to give her chills. And her temper was so hot, she knew that her shaking wasn't just from the cold. "I was hoping I'd get these to the shop without blemish. Guess they're just dumpster filler now." Looking down at one of the books, she grimaced. It was dripping from one corner, and looked limp.

"Sorry for attacking you like that. I just ..." Isa sighed in defeat, looking irritated. "I spent two weeks getting all this. They were due at the shop tonight, and I don't have much time. They're very valuable." Blue eyes moved over the items in her arms. "Well, they were."

-

Derek slowly looked back to the girl. "Can't help you." The Pyrate seemed content with ignoring Rayn from that point on. He was brusque, and on the verge of being rude. He definitely wasn't the social type.

There was a silence before he finally turned his metallic gaze back to Rayn. "I've heard his name. He's taken a few jobs that many of the others avoided." Derek set his mug down, trying to convince himself that this wasn't going to be so horrible. It was just a conversation. "I've never met him."

She was pretty, this girl. But then again, of course she was. From that delicate look to her, she was a Uni. A striking avatar, but then again, they usually were. Shaking his head, Derek looked down at the four cups in front of him. Maybe this was the sign that it was time to go. People were actually trying to talk to him now. Uni, of all people!

-

“Is that a challenge my dear Cain?”

The male slowly raised an eyebrow, keeping his anger from getting too out of hand. "Everything is a challenge, Odessa." It would indeed be interesting to see if this girl truly could push him to action. As of yet, she had points in her favor. She'd done it once already by pulling him here against his will. All she'd done was challenge him....

Cain clasped his hands and pressed them against his lips. In that one moment of intensity, he'd failed to notice the shifting of the cafe around them. Apparently, they were far too aggressive over in their corner.

His pale eyes burned into the newcomer that sat beside Odessa. Cain's anger rose, made obvious by his tense form and very obvious glare. Adin was most certainly unwelcome here. "Appearance isn't everything, Adin Clark." Cain's expression darkened. "Leave."